Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 12-01-2012, 02:55 PM View Post #21 (Link)
Carraka (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 121
So, updates anyone?

I met my goal, as usual.

I switched novels halfway through.

I spent a significantly large chunk of time behind, as usual, but this year, I can attribute it to mild depression (not clinical) over a mid-college crisis (I think I'm over it now) instead of my usual confidence that it's abject laziness.

In the last six days, I wrote 4k+ every day. So now I know that I'm capable of doing that. I ought to upgrade my goal to 4k * 30 ... so ... 120k? Haha, no.

Interestingly, in previous years I averaged an hour of writing a day (yeah, I'm horrible) and this year I averaged 40 minutes of writing a day. Maybe my typing skills have improved. Then again, the R key on my keyboard no longer stays on, so that should have slowed my wpm. On the other hand, I did use Write Or Die pretty much for most of the month.

--

I'd love to return to you guys except that I have three research papers due, and one of those papers was, unknowingly to me, due last Tuesday (meaning I'm turning it in next Tuesday late).

My mother is a fish.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM View Post #22 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
I failed. My wordthingy on Nano says I got 4k-ish, but I did actaulyl write more than that, but not much more. This month was just way too busy - I had a big research paper to do right in the middle and that became my priority (I got a 68! (which is actually a really good grade here btw) so it was worth failing nano for) and then I started playing with with poetry again and more worldbuilding stuffs, and langauge stuffs, and now I have two more assignments due this week.

I am hoping to do a Christmas nano though from like December 12th to January 12.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 PM View Post #23 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
Well, uh, I didn't do it this year, but I wrote about 23k anyway.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 PM View Post #24 (Link)
Fluke (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 9
I succeeded... sort of.

At like 11pm on Friday night I had 46k words. I couldn't squeeze out anymore. It was sort of like a bottle of toothpaste that you just keep rolling and rolling. I remembered that I had deleted a chapter or two (even made a thread about it), so I posted that on the end, thus increasing my word count to just over 50k. Then, being new, I almost didn't validate my novel (which would have been terribly disappointing.)

Now I have to go buy ink for my printer so I can frame my certificate and waggle it at people.

Dispatch Progress
Word Count: 46883/70000

Last edited by Fluke; 12-02-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 PM View Post #25 (Link)
Derezzination (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 74
I did it, and I'm quite pleased. The badges are nice.