Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 04-28-2008, 06:46 AM View Post #1 (Link) Hello! Yet another young aspirant here! Help me feel welcome.
Ranokin (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
Hello! Amazing how insperation can strike at the strangest times isnt it?
Like right now, very late at night I suddenly decide to join a young writers forum. heh, to tell you the truth I'm not entirely sure why I havent done so already. Whenever I write something new I always try to show it to someone, but well people I know outside the net dont really like to read so...

Well I was hoping this place might help. Opinions and suggestions are just what I need... and adknowledgement. Im not saying im desperate for attention I just dont like to spend alot of time on something and then have nobody read it. I hope you understand what I mean.

I specialize in fantasy and sci-fi literature, though im still a huge Dean Kootz and Steven King lover heheh. Some of my ideas can be a bit far fetched... such as Lizardmen creatures, but honestly you should read that short story, It turned out very good, and besides... far fetched means a good imagination right?... right? Im still fourteen, and m'fraid I dont have the patience to write a full book yet. I cirtainly have the ability to, I just lack the attention span (Curse ADD). *shrugs* Oh well, I'll manage it eventualy as it is one of my life time goals. In the meantime though I stick to short stories and unfinished attempts at the begininnings of books. Great to meet you all and I look forward to reading what material you got! and hearing what you have to say about mine.

P.S. Is a bit of blood allowed on this forum? I mean... I cant have a war scene without anyone dieing can I?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Rafael Domination (Offline)
Maker of Worlds

Times Thanked: 76
I'm first!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Anyways, welcome to the site. I'm also a sci-fi writer, and I think it's alright if your stuff is far-fetched now, just as long as you improve. Well, be active, join the VERSUS: SUPREMACY RPG in the co-op writing forum, check out the SBS in the random games area, critique regularly, make friends, be nice, and have fun.

PS...blood's alright. Don't worry too much about it. If it gets too violent, you might want to put a little warning post beforehand.

Yeah, welcome to YWO.

PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?

Old 04-28-2008, 07:26 AM View Post #3 (Link)
Ranokin (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
Thanks, I already read some of your work. I like your style, and im thinking of trying my luck in that arena, dont take too long in there, and hurry up and finish your opponent so i can get in on the next round. heheh
Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Carraka (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 121
Hullo! I am fourteen too! I've written a novel, but I'm finding I don't have the patience to edit it. But we're both sci-fi/fantasy authors, so that's something. For now, I'd just recommend you check your spelling a lot ... because you didn't really do that for your intro post.

I was a lurk-for-two-weeks-before-joining person, but I don't think I joined late at night. Hmm ...

My mother is a fish.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
Hallo, I'm Lily or Lykaios.

Fantasy is my favourite genre, I like the way you can make your own rules and make up whatever you want.

Have fun.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:11 PM View Post #6 (Link)
Majyk (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 356
Hello, Ranokin

I didn't think I had the patience to write a novel either. I kept getting bored with one idea and moving on to another .

Anyway, welcome to YWO .

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
— Albert Einstein

Old 04-28-2008, 07:57 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Midnight_Moon (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 31
Hey Ranokin! Nice to hear a new name on here. I hope you have a great time on this forum. It ROCKS!!! Anyway, post your stuff, read and critique others, have fun, and just be yourself. PM any of us if you need any sort of help. Shaun is the best to talk to but I am sure other of us can answer any of your questions.
-Moon
We will all be stars

-"I Sing The Body Electric"
Old 04-28-2008, 08:10 PM View Post #8 (Link)
Zaphkiel (Offline)
Freelance Writer

It's about time we got another guy on the site, what's up, my name is Zaphkiel. By the way, your name is one of the coolest I've seen so far. Anyway, I just kinda turned sixteen a couple months ago, and I'm a Adventure/action, fantasy, and mystery writer. The novel I'm working on now has a bit of Sci-Fi in it as well. Oh, and don't worry about blood, because by story is up there when it comes to graphic violence, so don't worry.

I've been on the site for a long time, as well as some other members, so if you ever want to chat, or have a question, don't be afraid to PM me.

P.S- I'm looking forward to reading your work.

The stars are shining.
The full moon above me.
Why does the night pass by?
Why couldn’t it last forever?

Zaphkiel's Final Product: A Cursed Royalty
Old 04-28-2008, 08:29 PM View Post #9 (Link)
Rafael Domination (Offline)
Maker of Worlds

Times Thanked: 76
Nice new ave, Zaph. Who is it?

PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?

Old 04-28-2008, 08:36 PM View Post #10 (Link)
Zaphkiel (Offline)
Freelance Writer

His name is Shigure Sohma from Fruits Basket, and he's one of my top five Anime Characters.

The stars are shining.
The full moon above me.
Why does the night pass by?
Why couldn’t it last forever?

Zaphkiel's Final Product: A Cursed Royalty