Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 07-18-2012, 01:56 PM View Post #1 (Link) Hello world!!
sakiyana (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
Hi! I just joined this two minutes ago,hoping to become a better writer than I am now.
I started writing my fantasy novel last year and so far have 200 pages. I know I will need quite a bit of revising before I can get it published,though. I have had quite a bit of plagiarism in the last month by one of my "trusted" reviewers, but thankfully my friend and I put a stop to that. I came on this site to share my experience as a young author-to-be and to meet new people.

about me: I am 16 years old and am very fun and spontaneous. I like to try new things,go on thrilling adventures, and I hate getting bored. Writing is my life. Get to know me and I promise you wont regret it!

I am also making a site at http://writers101.forumtl.com/ it would be great if you told me what you think about it an maybe even join. Thank you!

So... hi!!!

Btw: My profile pic is me. People ask too much. I got it at a Kiddie Kandids photo shooting shop. My mom says it is too dramatic for me though...

Last edited by sakiyana; 07-18-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Reason: need to add more detail
Old 07-18-2012, 02:12 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Crazyangel (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 4
Hi there sakiyana! Is that you real name? If not where did you get it from because it sounds awesome! Anyhow nice to meet you I'm Kerstin. And welcome to YWO!
Ooooo fantasy. SNAP! I write fantasy too What do you like to read/write? Do you like sports? What genre of music do you like? That'll be all for now, if you need any help or just want to chat VM/PM me
.║▌█│║▌║│█║▌║▌
. . I'M PRICELESS . .
╚═══════════╝

Last edited by Crazyangel; 07-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:32 PM View Post #3 (Link)
rockyteh97 (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 4
Heyy Sakiyana, welcome I dunno how much of a limb I'm going out here, but I'm guessing ur a fantasy genre fan, huh? interesting... got any favorite authors?

So yeah, I'm Rocky, mainly a crime novel reader though I like to step out of my comfort zone now and then...

haha you're so much like me, in a sense. Writing's my life too though i've been so busy with stuff it's not even funny (not had much time to write of late). It's cool that you like trying new stuff - that's me too! I guess i could be generic and say yolo, but I won't but still i'll say if not now, then when?
Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 PM View Post #4 (Link)
rania (Offline)
Inkweaver

Times Thanked: 34
Hello and welcome to the site, sakiyana. Nice to meet you! Here are the Site Rules, the Critique Guidelines, and the How to Critique Guide if you havenít read them already. I have a feeling that you didnít read the Rules because under the More Serious Rules, it clearly says that you arenít allowed to ďadvertise any websites that are similar in purpose and theme (young writers, forum, etc) to YWO unless you receive permission from an administrator (members with red usernames) first.Ē

Enjoy your stay!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM View Post #5 (Link)
PieInTheSky (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 13
Welcome! Nice to meet you.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:18 PM View Post #6 (Link)
Artmis (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 12
Hello there young one! Weclome to ! I look forward to seeng your writing skills
Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Rhozyna (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 8
Hello and welcome to YWO. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
~Rose.
Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation.
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
- Ernest Hemingway.

My stories run up and bite me on the leg - I respond by writing down everything that goes on during the bite. When I finish, the idea lets go and runs off. -E.H