Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 05-04-2012, 04:30 PM View Post #21 (Link)
The Enchanted Muggle (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 20
I watched Real Women Have Curves recently for a Spanish class. So good!

Originally Posted by sbenzing
Wow. So youre a Korean girl who grew up in Hong Kong, lives in the United States now and is studying Spanish in college? You know that's crazy right?
Jisun: I feel like I'm writing some Twilight shit.
Kanen: Ji, I feel like that all the time.
Kanen: The difference is,
Kanen: this is only your first draft.
Kanen: for her, it was her last.
PUBLISHED BOOK FOR KINDLE
Old 05-04-2012, 05:04 PM View Post #22 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
Originally Posted by Carraka View Post
So I just saw the midnight showing of The Avengers.

I'm not a comic fan.

But I am a Whedon fan.

Yes, it was a superhero movie. But it was a good superhero movie. After they shoved all the character exploration out of the way, the last act was all flashy and explosive but ... well, I did pay to see an action movie. I like flashy explosive things. I did spend a lot of time tallying up offscreen civilian death, though.

And there's a definite plus in seeing it at a midnight showing, when the entire theater is filled with people like you. There's something infectious about the cheering and realizing that you're not the only person in the world who appreciates badass martial prowess for the sake of badass martial prowess.

I was most interested in seeing how they would be able to make a movie balanced between ten stars. I think they succeeded.
I can understand this. I can't remember the last time I've been to the movies when the audience hasn't been terrible. Recently someone actually answered their phone and started having a conversation, and when someone hushed them, she went on a long rant about her right to be on her phone and stuff. Some people.

On topic, I saw The Hunger Games recently. I like what they did with it - I liked the added scenes with President Snow and the Gamemaker. On the topic of bad audiences, though, besides me and my friend there was one other person in the theatre - a middle aged man who seemed displeased to see there were other people in the theatre (it was a matinee). He sat in the back and at one point his chair kept creaking. Don't want to imagine what was going on back there.

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 PM View Post #23 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
Just saw The Avengers. By god. Mind=blown.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:46 AM View Post #24 (Link)
Georgy (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 87
I just watched "Children. Of. Men" Stunning.
Dabs
"I believe we stand together to address the real issues facing this country, not allow them to divide us by race or where we come from. Let's create an America that works for all of us, not the handful on top." Senator B.Sanders
Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 AM View Post #25 (Link)
Georgy (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
just READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT

/spam
Relax, I'm already in.
Dabs
"I believe we stand together to address the real issues facing this country, not allow them to divide us by race or where we come from. Let's create an America that works for all of us, not the handful on top." Senator B.Sanders
Old 05-05-2012, 02:20 PM View Post #26 (Link)
Rose (Offline)
Crit Trash Collector

Times Thanked: 454
Recently, and in no particular order, I've seen Titanic 3D, Wrath of the Titans, 21 Jump Street, How I Spent My Summer Vacation, The Lorax 3D, The Woman in Black and This Means War back in March. I hated This Means War though.

I'm actually looking forward to see The Hunger Games, The Avengers, annnnnd maybe Battleship or American Pie 4: American Reunion.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:22 PM View Post #27 (Link)
thekingsguard (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
The Avengers. Easily the best movie of thge year so far, and maybe the ebst comic book movie of all time.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:51 PM View Post #28 (Link)
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
The Avengers - don't think I need to elaborate how great that was.

Krull - a really crappy Star Wars rip off from 1983(?) that had Liam Neeson and Robbie Coltrane in it. I watched it last night with some friends while drinking. It's hilariously bad. It's on netflix if anyone's interested.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:57 PM View Post #29 (Link)
Georgy (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Just saw "Fireproof" very touching.
Dabs
Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 AM View Post #30 (Link)
chiaro0990 (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
Originally Posted by Georgy View Post
Just saw "Fireproof" very touching.
I love that movie. <333 The story is addicting that I've watched it for several times.

Anyhow, I only watch movies in HBO and Star Movies. (I'm a boring person) The last movie that I've watched is Step Up 3. I think the dance step is okay, but I like their costume at the last part.

General expressions in non-concrete terms are laziness, they are talk, not art, not creation.