Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM View Post #11 (Link)
Derezzination (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 74
Battleship, it's terrible, whoever thought putting Rhianna in a movie was a good idea was wrong. Although there was a good bit about a Chicken Burrito.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:38 PM View Post #12 (Link)
Wig (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 102
Originally Posted by Derezzination View Post
Battleship, it's terrible, whoever thought putting Rhianna in a movie was a good idea was wrong. Although there was a good bit about a Chicken Burrito.
Like I said before, I fell asleep in that movie.

I recently saw The Last Picture Show (Black and White) which was so good. But if you don't like black and white movies dears, don't watch it.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 PM View Post #13 (Link)
Georgy (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 87
I watched Game of Thrones yesterday. Wonderful movie. I've been watching it today. I'll be watching it tomorrow.
Dabs
"I believe we stand together to address the real issues facing this country, not allow them to divide us by race or where we come from. Let's create an America that works for all of us, not the handful on top." Senator B.Sanders
Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 PM View Post #14 (Link)
bookworm (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 151
Originally Posted by Georgy View Post
I watched Game of Thrones yesterday. Wonderful movie. I've been watching it today. I'll be watching it tomorrow.
just READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT

/spam
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM View Post #15 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Game of Thrones isn't a movie. I agree with bookworm, too: READ THAT SHIT; IT'S AWESOME!

I recently saw an animated Doctor Strange movie. It was fun. He's a cool character.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 AM View Post #16 (Link)
LumpyKoala (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 8
The very last movie I saw was The Hunger Games.

A quick little review, may contain spoilers.

Spoiler:
It kept my attention simply because it was a story that differed a bit from what I was accustomed to, although it did hold it's cliche aspects, as does every creative work.
The most interesting aspect was the bizarre wardrobes and the charades everyone put up with for the hunger games, although it seemed really unrealistic that anyone would go through so much trouble for such a trivial event. Watching these characters try so hard and play along the way they did was somewhat intriguing. The movie also had it's quirky, comical, endearing, and riveting moments as well. But just because a movie can capture those things here and there doesn't make it good.
The unattractive aspects of this movie stood out quite a bit for me. The main character was bland and forgettable. She wasn't very intelligent, beautiful, skillful, or anything else close. She could use a bow, the end. The male lead beside her was dull and had no personality or depth, just like the two's romance, that was extremely transparent and uninspiring. The hunger games themselves seemed to have no faith in tradition for such a serious event, for the judges changed around the rules constantly and killed off people in the competition themselves. It did not appear like a game, just pointless slaughter that was somehow borderline comical by the time people started buddying up and making friends.
The worst part was that the end was not satisfying in the least. It ended abruptly after a heartless proclamation of love between the two main characters on live tv, where they pretended to be best friends with the people that held them hostage and then through them into a pit to kill each other. Especially after everyone had begun rioting over the games, and then everyone seemed to forget that ever happened. In fact, the movie showed scenes of the rioting and never even returned to it later to sum up the effects. Getting off topic with that though. The movie was okay. If your going to go to the theatres though, go see something else!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:37 PM View Post #17 (Link)
Saffy (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
Going to see battleships this weekend.. But some of you guys have said its rubbish? Really? I thought it would be like Transformers (of which I am a MASSIVE fan!!)
Other movies I have watched recently are Bridesmaids, Forrest Gump. Both amazing movies!! Also watched Book of Eli. Didn't understand it at first and it seemed boring but in the end I liked it! The music is slightly creepy though...
Watching Twilight on the t.v. now.. My sister has the remotes and there's nothing for me to do instead!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:50 PM View Post #18 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Oh god, battleship. If it's anything like Transformers I would smoke some serious amounts of marijuana before going to see it (not that I actually smoke, but I'd make an exception for that).
Old 05-04-2012, 07:58 AM View Post #19 (Link)
Carraka (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 121
So I just saw the midnight showing of The Avengers.

I'm not a comic fan.

But I am a Whedon fan.

Yes, it was a superhero movie. But it was a good superhero movie. After they shoved all the character exploration out of the way, the last act was all flashy and explosive but ... well, I did pay to see an action movie. I like flashy explosive things. I did spend a lot of time tallying up offscreen civilian death, though.

And there's a definite plus in seeing it at a midnight showing, when the entire theater is filled with people like you. There's something infectious about the cheering and realizing that you're not the only person in the world who appreciates badass martial prowess for the sake of badass martial prowess.

I was most interested in seeing how they would be able to make a movie balanced between ten stars. I think they succeeded.

My mother is a fish.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 PM View Post #20 (Link)
Jack (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 114
Originally Posted by Carraka View Post
So I just saw the midnight showing of The Avengers.

I'm not a comic fan.

But I am a Whedon fan.

Yes, it was a superhero movie. But it was a good superhero movie. After they shoved all the character exploration out of the way, the last act was all flashy and explosive but ... well, I did pay to see an action movie. I like flashy explosive things. I did spend a lot of time tallying up offscreen civilian death, though.

And there's a definite plus in seeing it at a midnight showing, when the entire theater is filled with people like you. There's something infectious about the cheering and realizing that you're not the only person in the world who appreciates badass martial prowess for the sake of badass martial prowess.

I was most interested in seeing how they would be able to make a movie balanced between ten stars. I think they succeeded.
isn't it just fabulous? i'm a Whedon fan and a superhero fan and it was just asdfghjkjhgfdsa