Forum
Community Forum
Today's Posts
FAQ & Rules
Members List

Writing
Writing Forum
Recent Posts
Critique Guidelines

Groups
YWO Social Groups
Facebook
Myspace

Chat
 
YWA

Register

Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2011, 08:33 PM View Post #11 (Link)
bookworm (Offline)
Creative Fanatic
 
bookworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: void
Posts: 957
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 151
Originally Posted by Carraka View Post
Why did no one tell me that I spelled 'thread' wrong?
Because no one realized. I certainly didn't.
__________________
Originally Posted by Samuel Beckett, Worstward Ho
The void. Before the staring eyes. Stare where they may. Far and wide. High and low. That narrow field. Know no more. See no more. Say no more. That alone. That little much of void alone.
arcadia
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:16 PM View Post #12 (Link)
Majyk (Offline)
Freelance Writer
 
Majyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,463
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 356
Originally Posted by Carraka View Post
Why did no one tell me that I spelled 'thread' wrong?

-kicks limited moderation powers-

Someone fix it, please.
Shows how tired I've been that I didn't even notice it was misspelled. xD

Fixed, by the way.

And good luck on doing NaNo while in college, Carr and Lyk. I hardly have time to write at all. Not that I've ever done NaNo before anyway.
__________________
.


A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein


.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:24 PM View Post #13 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person
 
Lykaios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ὡς ἐν ἄλλῳ κόσμῳ
Posts: 1,371
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 115
Originally Posted by Arty View Post
I unfortunately don't have any time to do NaNo in November, but I'd really like to do it pretty much any other month in the year -- would anybody else be up for doing it with me?? We can arrange a month and swap tips and meringue recipes <33
I'm pretty much up for any writing-motivational thing at any time, like ever.

@Majyk - I have a rather surprisingly empty timetable. We have a two-week system and on one week I have nothing on Thursdays and Fridays, and the other, nothing on Mondays. Last year was so much busier, so hopefully I'll be fine. Also, being a night-owl helps, and when there's nobody here or on TW to war, there are always people on Deviantart up for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:52 PM View Post #14 (Link)
Majyk (Offline)
Freelance Writer
 
Majyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,463
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 356
Originally Posted by Lykaios View Post
@Majyk - I have a rather surprisingly empty timetable. We have a two-week system and on one week I have nothing on Thursdays and Fridays, and the other, nothing on Mondays. Last year was so much busier, so hopefully I'll be fine. Also, being a night-owl helps, and when there's nobody here or on TW to war, there are always people on Deviantart up for it.
That sounds really nice, actually. My schedule is so busy, I haven't written for two weeks, which would be killing me if I wasn't so busy I hardly noticed. xD I have 8:30 class every day, so I can't stay up very late either. ):
__________________
.


A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein


.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:48 AM View Post #15 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Carraka (Offline)
Freelance Writer
 
Carraka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Little Montenegro, down on the Adriatic Sea.
Posts: 1,948
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 121
Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
That sounds really nice, actually. My schedule is so busy, I haven't written for two weeks, which would be killing me if I wasn't so busy I hardly noticed. xD I have 8:30 class every day, so I can't stay up very late either. ):
Record your face while you read this.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I have one class, one hour long.
On Tuesday, I have three classes. Four hours in the morning, two hours in the afternoon.
On Thursday, I have two classes. Four hours in the morning.
I am in chorus. One hour on Monday, two hours on Tuesday, one hour on Thursday.

That's my schedule. Seventeen hours a week.

And no, homework does not add to the load. Maybe three or four hours, tops.
__________________
Corkscrewed alienation, rocking red. A kill. Joys again.
-- Alex

My mother is a fish.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:18 AM View Post #16 (Link)
Majyk (Offline)
Freelance Writer
 
Majyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,463
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 356
Originally Posted by Carraka View Post
Record your face while you read this.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I have one class, one hour long.
On Tuesday, I have three classes. Four hours in the morning, two hours in the afternoon.
On Thursday, I have two classes. Four hours in the morning.
I am in chorus. One hour on Monday, two hours on Tuesday, one hour on Thursday.

That's my schedule. Seventeen hours a week.

And no, homework does not add to the load. Maybe three or four hours, tops.
Monday I have 8:30 (and it's not like I can just get up ten minutes before class, as every day it's dance) to 12:50 no breaks, then 2:30-4. Two out of four of those classes are dance.
Tuesday I only have two dance classes--8:30, then one at 2.
Wednesday I have three, all dance: 8:30, then 2:30-5:20. Half the time the dance department adds lectures at 11.
Thursday is the worst. I have to eat lunch at ten thirty. Class at 8:30, then class at 11:20-4.
Friday, all dance, 8:30-11:20, then 2:30-4.
Plus dance practice on Fridays and Saturdays. And I do have homework for some dance courses.

Overall, I have nine classes.


And now I'll let you get back to your NaNo discussion... xD
__________________
.


A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein


.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:18 AM View Post #17 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Carraka (Offline)
Freelance Writer
 
Carraka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Little Montenegro, down on the Adriatic Sea.
Posts: 1,948
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 121
Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
Monday I have 8:30 (and it's not like I can just get up ten minutes before class, as every day it's dance) to 12:50 no breaks, then 2:30-4. Two out of four of those classes are dance.
Tuesday I only have two dance classes--8:30, then one at 2.
Wednesday I have three, all dance: 8:30, then 2:30-5:20. Half the time the dance department adds lectures at 11.
Thursday is the worst. I have to eat lunch at ten thirty. Class at 8:30, then class at 11:20-4.
Friday, all dance, 8:30-11:20, then 2:30-4.
Plus dance practice on Fridays and Saturdays. And I do have homework for some dance courses.

Overall, I have nine classes.


And now I'll let you get back to your NaNo discussion... xD
Rough ...

In any case, my point was, keep your luck for yourself. You need it more than I do, and if I don't meet my goal for this year, I have no excuse. Well, aside from death in the family ... Hmm ... but that might just deepen my writing experience. This is getting too morbid. (Really, Carr? I didn't know there was such a thing as too morbid for you.)
__________________
Corkscrewed alienation, rocking red. A kill. Joys again.
-- Alex

My mother is a fish.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:39 PM View Post #18 (Link)
Julian (Offline)
Freelance Writer
 
Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,252
Points: 1.23
Times Thanked: 78
Hahahaha, good luck to everybody!


Yeah, this will actually be my first time participating in Nano, and I'm, interestingly enough, filled with coherent and structured plots. My head is simmering with those, which is very unusual for someone like me who only imagines snippets but not actual stories. Must be my subconscious helping me .


Really excited :].


PS: 36 hours a week.
__________________
http://nihilarian-atlas.tumblr.com//
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:21 PM View Post #19 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer
 
Dabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,885
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 151
After reading all of these posts I don't know if I should give it a try or not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:34 PM View Post #20 (Link)
lalodragon (Offline)
Global Moderator
 
lalodragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: To the laboratory!
Posts: 1,982
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 193
Originally Posted by Dabs View Post
After reading all of these posts I don't know if I should give it a try or not.
Of course you should!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

 


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:26 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 - Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All writing Copyright © its author(s). All other material Copyright © 2007-2012 Young Writers Online unless otherwise specified.
Managed by Andrew Kukwa (Andy) and Shaun Duke (Shaun) from The World in the Satin Bag. Design by HTWoRKS.