Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 02-20-2011, 11:08 PM View Post #1 (Link) Hello!
this-violet-skyy (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
I'm this-violet-skyy, new to here. I hate the improper use of ''your'' and ''you're'', it really bugs me. I am a published writer and would love to learn as much as I can.

I enjoy writing about fantasty, sci-fic, action, adventure and pretty much anything. I don't really ''enjoy'' romance propably because I have never been ''in love.''

I'm stubborn and hard-headed but take advice well and I'm here so I can write a novel. I want to write a novel so I can give it to my 8th grade English teacher, who is surviving cancer and who inspired me to write.

I enjoy writing, singing, reading, drawing, hunting (if you have a problem with that, just leave. I get enough trouble about hunting as it is.), dog training, photography, wildlife, and music. Oh, and I love dinosaurs, big sweaters, skinny jeans, oxford shoes, saddle shoes and my locket necklace.

My favorite artists are Christina Perri (I have followed her from the VERY START.), Mumford and Sons, A Fine Frenzy, Avett Brothers, Neon Trees, Paramore, REGINA SPEKTOR, Sara Bareilles, The Beatles, The King Of Pop and many others.

I have a chocolate lab named Jack who is on his way to become a therapy dog and I also have a cat who is in love with me.

I dislike preppy people, bullies, people who think they are awesome, Justin Beiber, Rap, Lil Wayne, and meatloaf. I could give up meat if I wanted too, but that would mean giving up venison and I will NOT do that.

Got a problem with me? I could care less.

Last edited by this-violet-skyy; 02-20-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Reason: More Information.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Majyk (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 356
What've you had published?/where?

What bugs me more than the "your/you're" thing is wen lyk ppl use lyk chtspeek ya. But yes, "your/you're," "they/their/they're," "its/it's" (and godforbid its', gah), and anything else like that is a cue for cringing at bad grammar.

So. Welcome to YWO. Please check out the Rules and the Critique Guidelines, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
— Albert Einstein

Old 02-20-2011, 11:23 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Novice Writer

I was published in a nation-wide essay contest. I don't know if that would be considered ''published'' but I have a big book to prove it.

Yes, I REALLY HATE CHATSPEAK. I can't even text with chatspeak and when my friends do, I start twitching, literally.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll make sure to follow all the rules.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Majyk (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Originally Posted by this-violet-skyy View Post
I was published in a nation-wide essay contest. I don't know if that would be considered ''published'' but I have a big book to prove it.
Ah, cool.

Yes, I REALLY HATE CHATSPEAK. I can't even text with chatspeak and when my friends do, I start twitching, literally.
You seem like you'll fit in just fine here, haha. You should see the chatroom on YWO--proper grammar and no chatspeak.

It takes me really long to decipher chatspeak. xD

You edited your first post and added more. o.O

I'm stubborn and hard-headed but take advice well and I'm here so I can write a novel. I want to write a novel so I can give it to my 8th grade English teacher, who is surviving cancer and who inspired me to write.
If you don't mind my asking, what grade are you in now?

I could give up meat if I wanted too, but that would mean giving up venison and I will NOT do that.
I remembered another grammar error that annoys me: "to/too." (Though yours could actually work both ways, with a stretch.)

I could care less.
And "couldn't care less/could care less" is a pet peeve of mine. (It's "couldn't," by the way :p)

— Albert Einstein

Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Novice Writer

Ahh, thanks for all that. This keyboard isn't the best when it comes to my speedy typing.

Yes! Finally a place where we can have intelligent discussions and I won't have to talk to myself! (Not that I do...normally.)

I'm in 9th grade, Honors English. I'm probably skipping 10th and 11th grade English and going into AP courses. But we will see.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:46 PM View Post #6 (Link)
Majyk (Offline)
Freelance Writer

I'm in 9th grade, Honors English. I'm probably skipping 10th and 11th grade English and going into AP courses. But we will see.
Ah, awesome. I could totally see skipping. People are so bad at writing.
The best English class I ever took was Composition 100 (a required college essay writing class). (Then again, I was homeschooled, so it was the first real English class I ever took). Advanced composition is a bit boring, though. (And people still don't understand complete sentences! <-- as I write a fragment. Oh, irony. xD)

— Albert Einstein

Old 02-20-2011, 11:59 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Novice Writer

Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
Ah, awesome. I could totally see skipping. People are so bad at writing.
The best English class I ever took was Composition 100 (a required college essay writing class). (Then again, I was homeschooled, so it was the first real English class I ever took). Advanced composition is a bit boring, though. (And people still don't understand complete sentences! <-- as I write a fragment. Oh, irony. xD)
I wish I could skip high school and go straight to college. Stupid, immature people who annoy me. But then again, I'm going to Kendall Art College...
Old 02-21-2011, 05:23 AM View Post #8 (Link)
Kalculator (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 5
Hello! Nice to meet you. Grammer Nazi?

And

You're awesome. Yes, you. Reading this.
A smile is the only language that everyone can speak.

They're not mortal enemies! They're bickering allies!
- Zena Amicus (AKA Kalc)

-Have you seen a zombie dancing to Thriller around?
-Oh yeah, it just ate my pet unicorn's brains.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 AM View Post #9 (Link)
Clawfire (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 13
Hey! You sound like a nice person…
Anyhow, do you like cats?
What is your favourite book?
Author?
Animal?
Genre?

Other than that, welcome!
non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like
a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

stuff.
- The Doctor (David Tennant)
Old 02-21-2011, 02:16 PM View Post #10 (Link)
Novice Writer

Originally Posted by Kalculator View Post
Hello! Nice to meet you. Grammer Nazi?

And
Yeah, I'm a Grammer Nazi and I have the nametag to prove it.

Thanks for the welcome!