Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 08-21-2010, 09:48 AM View Post #1 (Link) The new lodger!!! Damn this is a long post :S
ManyIdeas (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 8
Hi there guys, my name is Jade in the real world, but I do have so weird nicknames
When it comes to writing, I do OK, I really would like critique and so on, and I'm sure this site will help me in gaining critique skills, since I've never really done that before

I LOVE dogs and wolves! My reason?? Dogs, they are mans best friend, and they don't wander off like cats do, even though I love cats too. Seriously, if someone else starts feeding already own cats, they'll become its new favourite XD I've had that happen with friends and family quite a lot. Dogs are never really vicious, you just need to train them right! They can be really fun, the bigger the better XD
Wolves, well, they are gorgeous and simple amazing to watch! I would really love to see some out in the wild XD I include wolves and dogs in some of my stories when thereís a strong link to them, like on one I'm working on.

Music...music is my inspiration! Metallica, Lady Gaga, Red, Michael Buble, MELL, Rihanna, Avenged Sevenfold, you name it! Thereís only one genre I don't like, and thatís childrenís music, you know, happy themes from Thomas the Tank Engine and so on??
I listen to X-Ray Dog and Two Steps From more often than not, too. I love orchestras and symphonies, especially if they go over the top to perform with other bands and artists, like Metallica and the San Francisco Symphony.

Books, lots of books. From James Patterson to Eoin Colfer and J.K. Rowling. I have a huge collection of books, but I've read them all, and I don't really have time to read them again, so, I'm constantly looking for new shelves haha!
If I had to chose one favourite book, you'd have to wait a few weeks for an answer! I just love reading. Fantasy Si-Fi, Thriller, Steam Punk.
The only bad book (in my opinion) that I've read must be the Twilight series, (apologies to anyone who likes/loves/craves the Twilight Series, I just wasn't entertained.)
Some words seemed to be made up, and the plot wasn't that spectacular. And what happened to those poor vampires? I know plenty of people who like Twilight, but I just happen to not be one of those people.

Movies. My favourite have to be Mission Impossible, X-men, Terminator and Conqueror of Shamballa (Anime), for a start. Terminator is just epic on its own, and I hadn't seen anything like it at the time. X-Men was a general Marvel based, but I picked up something different from it, I did like the themes and the plot. I got lost few time haha!

Next we have video games. When I'm not writing, watching, listening, I play my Xbox 360, while eagerly awaiting the return of my beloved PS2, which my dad has.
I get some of my action ideas from Bayonetta's rather OTT performance, and its very appealing nature. I love sarcastic characters, and within Bayonetta, there where quotes to two other games I love.
Devil May Cry 4 was the my second DMC game, but the first I ever played. I have to admit, the game went from one environment to other in about half a millisecond, and made the game feel like a time warped slide show, although the action and Nero's sarcasm always entertained me. Okami is another game I pull inspiration from. I happened to stumble across this game before Christmas two years ago, in an old not-so popular game store. I could only see its spine, but the name interested me. I knew I would love this game, and I was right! Running around as a Wolf Goddess is fine by me XD Especially if it just so happens to be the Goddess I was using in a story I planed to right. Some other games include Alan Wake, Fallout Three, Fable, Prototype and Red Dead Redemption. not to mention Drakengard!!

Finally, Anime. I am inspired by Anime and Manga. The first anime I watched, knowing full well what it was, was Full Metal Alchemist. This anime was fast, catchy, and I loved all the characters, even the bad ones! It made me cry, laugh, cheer, and heck, I got some friends watching it. It has amazing animation for its day, and the new version (Brotherhood) is even better! I have to add, that the so-called 'Big Three' (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) arenít exactly good in my opinion, they just drag on forever, and all of there main characters bug me XD
Soul Eater is relatively new, and with simple animation, but boy, was it good! Death the Kid was most likely my favourite character! It was fast paced and a good example of Anime. It has a wide variety of Characters, and is a major improvement from Bleach, its usual comparison.
Then I have Cowboy Bebop. Yes, its old, and has a huge following, much like its counterpart, Trigun.
Cowboy Bebop was fun, but had a lot of drama in it, with some really inventive characters and scenes. It still is a huge hit, and I feel ashamed to not have heard of it sooner!
Trigun is the counterpart of Cowboy Bebop. They Aired at the same time, and had relatively the same viewing time, lasting only 20-30 episodes.
Trigun has to be my favourite though, its straight to the point, has amazing characters, while lacking on the animation side, its still good for its time. Trigun does its best to stay out of CGI, like most Anime, and achieved that with ease. Its movie is coming out very soon, and I hope the original cast come back. No-one does Vash better that Johnny Bosch!

So there, a little (or a lot) about me. I congratulate anyone who managed to get through all of it XD
Old 08-21-2010, 10:04 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Spacepirate (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 99
tl;dr

<3

Spoiler:
Doesn't mean I don't like you. I love new people.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:08 AM View Post #3 (Link)
Rose (Offline)
Crit Trash Collector

Times Thanked: 454
Longest intro ever! O.O

Anyway, welcome. I already know that you read the FAQ & Rules and the critique Guidelines.
...So, good for you.

I like you already.

And don't worry about some people loving Twilight. Here we all agree that...

Spoiler:
Twilight Sucks.

If you have any questions regarding critiques or anything else, feel free to ask any member here.

You could always refer back to these members for help as well.

Hope you enjoy your stay, Jade.

P.S: I like your name.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:32 AM View Post #4 (Link)
the_knockon_effect (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 28
Hello, and welcome. You have an epic intro m'dear.

Hope you have fun on the site, and I'm looking foward to critquing. I'm always available to do so for any form of prose, so feel free so message me if you need any opinions.

And is that Two Steps From Hell you're talking about? Please God say yes!

Jamie

"SUCK MY PIANIST!"
Old 08-21-2010, 11:54 AM View Post #5 (Link)
ManyIdeas (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

I love Two steps From Hell! They are one of the best Orchestras I've ever heard XD They sure are inspiring!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 AM View Post #6 (Link)
the_knockon_effect (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 28
You are officialy awesome, and the first person on this site I have found who's heard of them.

"SUCK MY PIANIST!"
Old 08-21-2010, 12:08 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Rage (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 19
Lulzinator.

Jade, if you dropped your extremely wide taste in music, you'd be a fucking sensation in my opinion.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:16 PM View Post #8 (Link)
ManyIdeas (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

To late XD
Old 08-21-2010, 12:17 PM View Post #9 (Link)
Schooner (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Hi!

You sound...awesome, in almost every conceivable way. I also appreciated the short history on Trigun.

Welcome to YWO!

Jerry: "They sell them by the side of the road. Blueberry blackberry."

George: "Blackberry boysenberry."

Jerry: "Boysenberry huckleberry."

George: "Huckleberry raspberry."

Jerry: "Raspberry strawberry."

George: "Strawberry cranberry."

Jerry: "Peach."
Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 PM View Post #10 (Link)
Rage (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 19
Originally Posted by ManyIdeas View Post
To late XD
Poo head. D: