Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 03:27 PM View Post #11 (Link)
Raconteur (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 142
Adri has given a lot to this site. Great critiques, contests and she sets up a ton of fun activities (the awards for instance). Plus, she's so friendly, you can't help but lover her!

Drax because he's very stable, very dedicated, mature and will do well. He also posts lyrics now and again, so can crit lyrical pieces that aren't prose-heavy.

Space is new, but you can already tell he's becoming integral to the site. You need poetry mods, it's a serious issue on YWO. I think Space can lead a lot of the poets here in the right direction by providing REAL advice. He also writers very good prose/try, and has a lot to teach.

Bowie must stay mod. Because he's wonderful. But you all know that

Edit: Actually, I don't know how many people I can nominate but:

Lyk is very clearly involved with the site, as is shown by her recent involvement with word wars. She's an amiable person (able to get along with both YWO and TW ) also has some respectable poetry knowledge, and is active and friendly.

Majyk: She's a strong prose writer, and she offers critiques on a huge range. I think she would have no problem knowing the difference between a good critique and one that needs improvement, but she would also know how to give advice on them. She's active, also is holding a contest, and wants general improvement in herself and YWO. Which is awesome.

Last edited by Raconteur; 04-16-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:23 PM View Post #12 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
Drax, Amour and Majyk for all the reasons that have already been outlined by everyone else. I think they'd all be valuable additions to the greens because that they all put a lot of effort into this site through great critiques, contests, and other helpful things like the poetry group, keeping th RP section alive. They also are all very active, are reliable and are nice people.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:37 PM View Post #13 (Link)
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 355
I nominate Amour.
Not only does she give fantastic poetry critiques, but her crits are balanced, thorough and helpful, no matter the level of the work in question. Here's why this would make her an excellent mod:
-- Critiques like this one indicate her willingness and ability to help anyone on the site who needs it. Most poetry critics, myself included (this is, of course, assuming I'm at the height of my game) wouldn't invest such a detailed crit in a novice. Amour's dedication to teaching the new all she knows is, I think, a sign that she will consider all opinions and requests for help fairly and evenly.
-- She's dedicated. She posts poems and prompts regularly, is always writing and improving her craft, and is always helping other writers. This isn't out of boredom -- we're in the same year in university studying similar subjects, and her busy schedule never gets in the way of her art or her critiquing. I doubt she'll jump ship if life gets a little crazy, and if I wanted a critique, I'd rely on her to get back to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:00 PM View Post #14 (Link)
Majyk (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 356
I agree that Amour would make a good mod. We don't have too many mods who are strong in poetry, and adding her would be a good addition to the staff. She's been here long enough that she knows the site well, and is very helpful (to me personally and others). I also agree that Lykaios would be a good person to have moderate YWO. She has been here a while, is also helpful, can critique poetry as well as prose, and is very kind and sweet.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein

Old 04-16-2010, 10:44 PM View Post #15 (Link)
AngeloS05 (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
Hello I shall nominate Draxzar and Lykaios because they both are very active in this site they do crits and help newbies with tips like they did to me.they help allot for YWO and like I said before they are active in this website.
bye and thank you

Last edited by AngeloS05; 04-16-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 AM View Post #16 (Link)
Zombified (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 126
I nominate Lykaios.

If my former Mod standing has any relevance, I throw my endorsement in for her. I know that if power is put in her hands, things will only get better for us all.

She's capable, smart and is on the other side of the pond.
Lord knows an English Mod will be beneficial to our UK brethren.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:34 AM View Post #17 (Link)
MackenzieLN (Offline)
Banned

Times Thanked: 0
Amour They've been here long and knows the site. it'd be good to have another poetry mod

Last edited by MackenzieLN; 04-17-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:41 AM View Post #18 (Link)
Rouge (Offline)
Wordsmith

Times Thanked: 227
Originally Posted by MackenzieLN View Post
I know you are looking for us to nominate people but I'd like to be a mod, if that's okay.
Why I think I might be a good mod:
1) I want to help others
2) I am very nice to others
3) I will always follow the rules on here and try to make sure others to as well.

Even though I am fairly new, I think I have what it takes. If you don't choose me, I'm okay with that.
You can't really nominate yourself, and you're new. No one knows you, so it's not likely. sorry chickee.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:37 AM View Post #19 (Link)
Bowie20049 (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 83
Originally Posted by MackenzieLN View Post
I know you are looking for us to nominate people but I'd like to be a mod, if that's okay.
Why I think I might be a good mod:
1) I want to help others
2) I am very nice to others
3) I will always follow the rules on here and try to make sure others to as well.

Even though I am fairly new, I think I have what it takes. If you don't choose me, I'm okay with that.
This + how many posts she made = my day lol

Click Me
Originally Posted by Young Writers Online View Post
i before e except after c unless e before i because forget you that's why

ಠ_ಠ Did you know that: I has an anime list /人◕‿‿◕人\?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 AM View Post #20 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Location: Not sure... but it's dark and hot and smells of...burning...
Times Thanked: 33
Shh, Bowie. Play nice.

And just as a change of tack, I nominate Lykaios - she's a responsible, long-standing and well-loved member who is pleasant, but mature in her dealings. I feel quite certain that she'd have no issues with the discipline side of modding and I know for a fact that she makes people feel very welcomed and part of the community, which, let's face it, is another big part of modding. In addition to this, she's from the UK - this essentially means we'd have a mod on most times on most days. *thumbs up*

I'm all for modding Amour too - it'd be good to have another poetry mod who knows what they're doing. She's also mature in her dealings and definitely suitable for the job. But I think Lykaios would probably be the better option (I mean no offense), simply because of her location - it'd fill in the gaps between the changing of the guard, I think. Because, thinking about it, most of our active mods are US.
But that's the only point I have against that ruling - she's a wonderful member and definitely worthy of the position.

Closed Thread