Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 03-18-2010, 01:20 PM View Post #1 (Link) I like to make myself believe, that planet eath turns s-l-o-w-l-y
pilli_pala (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
This, my friends, is a snail.

Enjoy
Old 03-19-2010, 04:37 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Paskal (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 10
Originally Posted by pilli_pala View Post
This, my friends, is a snail.

Enjoy
The photo is really nice,the snail seems to look slimy and icky,but it is surrounded by grass that has a really nice color,the green color is what attracted me in the photo,in addition to the purity where all details and colors show...Great photo ,I would like to see more of nature photos,b.t.w which camera did you use?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:09 PM View Post #3 (Link) Nice
Maria (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
Considering that I realy don't like snails I think it looks realy good.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:19 AM View Post #4 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
pilli_pala (Offline)
Novice Writer

The photo is really nice,the snail seems to look slimy and icky,but it is surrounded by grass that has a really nice color,the green color is what attracted me in the photo,in addition to the purity where all details and colors show...Great photo ,I would like to see more of nature photos,b.t.w which camera did you use?
I'm glad you liked it. I was really surprised with how great it came out, considering I only used a little digi point and shoot camera (Fuji Finepix Z30...you can google it if you want).

I can post more soon if your interested
Old 03-27-2010, 08:22 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Susannah (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Love this! Mmm...i can practically smell the grass

Veeeery naturey!! You got anymore? Would be very interested
Old 03-28-2010, 03:25 AM View Post #6 (Link) This post contains more of my work
pilli_pala (Offline)
Novice Writer

Ok, here are some more of my pics:

1. Another snail (I named him Mr Mushy Face)

2. My pet rat, Nougat

(Resized for the forum)

3. Beneath the Surface (sorry for the poor quality, they lose clarity when resized)

4. Seagulls
Old 04-09-2010, 07:30 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Susannah (Offline)
Literary Newbie

2. My pet rat, Nougat

(Resized for the forum)

3. Beneath the Surface (sorry for the poor quality, they lose clarity when resized)

4. Seagulls
[B]My favourite is the sea gulls It's a great photo, with all of them flying...lovely and very artistic! You seem to be comfortable tazking pictures from the ground and in the grass but you should try other ones from different places because tha sky is beautiful! Btw your rat is adorable i have two gerbils[B]
Old 05-02-2010, 04:41 PM View Post #8 (Link) Fireflies <3
Abominable Toaster (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 12
First of all, I love the title . Fireflies <3. I love how clear this photo is and how everything is in focus, good job. I think it is cool how the snail doesn't quite look slimy so much as shiny, it gives the whole picture a unique and intriquing affect. Great photograph!

(And now for your other four pictures )

2. My pet rat, Nougat

(Resized for the forum)

4. Seagulls
Mr. Mushy Face slightly scares me...I don't like gooey things . This first photo kind of grosses me out, but it is still good photography. Maybe you should stick to prettier angles...hehe.
This picture even makes a rat look cute! Great job. However, you should try not to get any sort of building or man-made type objects in the photo. That garage(?) in the backround somewhat takes away the illusion of the whole nature thing I think you are going for. Try to avoid things like that in your next photos.
The under the sea picture is beautiful, and the light shining off the bottom is interesting, but it seems a bit too predictable. Anyone, really, can take a beautiful picture of an under water environment, but you should get creative with it. Play with the angles, like you did with your other ones.
The seagull picture is my favorite. I love the blueness of the sky and how you captured the motion. How did you get them to fly away!?! I applaud you .
Over all, great pictures. Sorry if I was too harsh! Hope I helped!

“Art is never finished, only abandoned.”

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 05-03-2010, 08:50 AM View Post #9 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
pilli_pala (Offline)
Novice Writer

Abominable Toaster....first of all, thanks for looking at my pictures and critiquing and stuff
It is greatly appreciated.

I am glad you like the first snail picture....and the song title. Lol. I thought it fit because snails move slow and all. Haha.

Yes, Mr Mushy face had a gooey head, but he's beautiful....in his own strange and slimy way.
I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.

As for the rat picture, what do you mean it even manages to make a rat look cute??? They are cute. Always. As in all the time. The little hair ball is my baby
I know the garage made its way into the shot, but you have no idea how hard it is to get a picture of a rat that is half decent. They move so much and are curious to find out what a camera is!!! I will try next time to put him somewhere where there are no buildings (sad thing is that he is pretty old now and really sick at the moment so I'm not sure he will ever be up for another photo shoot )

The underwater shot is as good as I could get in the circumstances. I actually took it through a viewing window at the local aquarium and only one angle was possible for a good shot. If I had an underwater camera I would absolutely love to take some proper fishy pictures

The seagull one is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.
I got them to move by, uh, running at them I guess. They sort of took off as soon as I got there and then SNAP! I captured the moment

You are not harsh at all. Critisicm is good and it helps us to improve. Thanks for the lovely comments
Old 05-10-2010, 07:27 PM View Post #10 (Link) reply
Abominable Toaster (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 12
Abominable Toaster....first of all, thanks for looking at my pictures and critiquing and stuff
It is greatly appreciated.

I am glad you like the first snail picture....and the song title. Lol. I thought it fit because snails move slow and all. Haha.

Yes, Mr Mushy face had a gooey head, but he's beautiful....in his own strange and slimy way.
I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.

As for the rat picture, what do you mean it even manages to make a rat look cute??? They are cute. Always. As in all the time. The little hair ball is my baby
I know the garage made its way into the shot, but you have no idea how hard it is to get a picture of a rat that is half decent. They move so much and are curious to find out what a camera is!!! I will try next time to put him somewhere where there are no buildings (sad thing is that he is pretty old now and really sick at the moment so I'm not sure he will ever be up for another photo shoot )

The underwater shot is as good as I could get in the circumstances. I actually took it through a viewing window at the local aquarium and only one angle was possible for a good shot. If I had an underwater camera I would absolutely love to take some proper fishy pictures

The seagull one is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.
I got them to move by, uh, running at them I guess. They sort of took off as soon as I got there and then SNAP! I captured the moment

You are not harsh at all. Critisicm is good and it helps us to improve. Thanks for the lovely comments
Your welcome .
And, as for the rat comment, not all rats are cute, in my opinion. Some are frightening Hahaha. I guess I could just be scarred by 'The Secret of Nimh' Haha, but your baby is adorable. That is so sad about him getting old! I hate when pets die .
I completely understand about the underwater photo, it is so hard to get a good picture through glass!
Awesome reflexes with the seagulls, you have earned some major respect. Hahaha
Your welcome, and thank you!

“Art is never finished, only abandoned.”

- Leonardo da Vinci