Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 12-22-2007, 08:45 PM View Post #1 (Link) x-VERSUS-x
Rafael Domination (Offline)
Maker of Worlds

Times Thanked: 76
Okay, I've finally figures out how this'll work...

This RPG will work out similar to the Arena, but will be different in that you have to pick a side and create an original character in that Faction.

For example...
Right now, round one, you must pick one of the Colors of Magic to fight in. You can be a mage, creature relating to that Color, and try to eliminate the other side...

Rules:

1) Stick to your Faction. Make your choice before joining one unless specified (e.g. For this Round, you'll have to take the 'Magic: the Gathering' quiz to find out where you belong) and follow that choice through

2) No over the top powers and/or energy. If it gets too unrealistic, I'll tell you.

3) Stay within the boundaries of what your faction is able to do. In the future, I'll have an Alien vs. Predator Round...and if you're an Alien, (or a Xenomorph) you cannot use technology. In the first Round, if you're a Red Mage, you cannot use Black Magic, and so on.

4) I'll be dropping prizes and Items from time to time, so keep an eye out.

5) Definitely no powerplaying...

6) When you register your character, List down
Name:
Faction:
Weapon:
Strength:
Speed:
Intelligence:
Stamina:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Abilities:
Personality:

(*I need to know the Strength, Intelligence, and Speed, Weaponry so you don't randomly pull off unrealistic stunts or create/bring in items out of nowhere. No secrets either unless you send me a PM of them. It becomes too much of a bother when you randomly pull out a spirit companion the middle of battle )

7) Have fun!

So, any thoughts before I give out the details of the first round?

People who've joined for the Five Colors War...

Spoiler:

(Eve's Character)
Name: Detrimas
Race: Wizard
Faction: Blue
Weapon: Staff (Used to bonk enemies in the head and cast a certain spell that makes the enemy freeze and alleviate in the air.)
Strength: Weak
Speed: Nimble but is very slow when it comes running in water.
Intelligence: High, thinks quickly when in danger
Stamina: Very poor for a wizard but can still manage acceptable distances.
Strengths: Evades and counters spells well
Weaknesses: Has trouble dealing with things that cannot be counterspelled
Personality: Very aggressive in battles and has a soft spot for Jenna. When not in battle, Detrimas is a carefree and happy-go-lucky person.

(Nyx's Character)
Name: Jenna
Race: Shapeshifting Witch (this Witch can only shapshift into a blue dragon, nothing else, but the dragon can be different sizes everytime)
Faction: Blue...
Weapon: Dragon Fire(with one hit, the person who is hit will burn alive), some wizarding spells include: floating above the ground(not very high), swimming very fast, rebounding spells, blue smoke (completely block vision in any circumstance for a minimum of 20 seconds)
Strength: Medium (strong but not much above average)
Speed: Average (no superspeed though, although his reactions are EXTREMELY fast)
Intelligence:High (one of his most valubale talents: his strategies)
Stamina:long , unless injured badly
Strengths: Quick strategies, fast reactions and using others tricks against them, using the dragon's sharp fangs for serious damage
Weaknesses: not very fast if not in dragon form, can loose sight of the real goal easily, not very strong in the Witch form
Personality: Blood thristy, but logical, although only craves to be better than others, can sometimes forget who are his allies and not her ennemies. She also had odd looks which some people see as beauty and some people don't. She has long silver hair, with natural indigo stripes. Her eyes are the same, indigo with silver specks. She is unusually tall for her age.

(Rafael's Character)
Name: Dante Voltaire
Race: Nosferatu (Vampire)
Faction: BLACK
Weapon: A hill-sized Aura of Solid Darkness that he can control
Strength: High (Vampire )
Speed: High (Vampire )
Intelligence: Decent (Teenage Vampire...not an elder)
Stamina: Long, but longer when he drinks blood
Strengths: Can fight well on physical and magical grounds
Weaknesses: Sunlight, Holy Magic, Silver, Werewolf Venom...the usual
Abilities: Utilizes Undead Magic to summon skeleton servants, zombies and ghosts and contol his Darkness Aura...also specializes in unconventional magic
Personality: Calm but sneering. A bit proud...he knows he's got the drop-dead looks of his vampire kin, but his cold attitude takes away some of his charm...

(Shrike's Character)
Name: Andreas Vandersryke
Race: human, male
Faction: White
Weapon: Longsword; Caliburn, and a longbow
Strength: medium
Speed: high
Intelligence: high
Stamina: high
Strengths: strong arm, light areas..((ie, sun out)) Allies in hand
Weaknesses: Darkness
Abilities: Launch lightening from weapons or fingers, Turn Undead (ie make them run)
Personality: Andreas is a eldar student, he is on his last yea of the school, and Top in the White Tower, he is the Master of the Journeymen of the Guild, and likes combat, he is nice to people, but if they are of the oposite, he usualy tries to talk it out before fighting, unless its darkness.

Name: Tsune Bloodstone
Race: Vampire
Faction: Red
Weapon: Long Bow and arrows/ Martial Arts
Strength: Very Strong
Speed: Hand speed and reflexes are quick
Intelligence: Very Strong
Stamina: high
Strengths: He is a vampire who is immune to sunlight due to his royal blood line. He is quite the strategist and has lived a good life. His bow skills, magical knowledge, and blood line allow him to get the best of his opponents.
Weaknesses: Tsune can never take a blow to the heart.

Abilities: Tsune is a prodigy of the destructive arts due to his training under the legendary priestess called Hikyomi, The Maiden of Malice. Due to his training, Tsune is a master archer who his able to fire "arrows of cold fury" which are able explode on contact; he has also obtained the power of flame and lightning. He also knows a number of spells that any preist would know. Tsune aslo specializes in destuctive magic and Pyronism.

Personality: Tsune was proudly crowned prince at the age of six by his father. The legendary priestess Hikyomi trained him and raised him as her own. Tsune is very clever, yet he can seem cold and uncaring because he won't hesitate to kill and destroy. His sharpnes and intellect are traits that people favor, along with his abilty to inspire and terrify others. Tsune expects perfection from his allies and himself, and his enemies recieve nothing but a mercilees death more fierce than a flame from hell.

Round 1: Magic: The Gathering...The Five Colors War: Take the Quiz first...and then unleash hell on your opponents...

Future Rounds I have in mind...

Avatar - Four Elements, One Brawl: Earth, Wind, Fire and Water...lots of blood...

Ninja. vs. Pirate (Uber-style): Think Naruto versus Treasure Planet...

Alien vs. Predator: I particularly can't wait for this one

Vampires vs. Werewolves: For all the Underworld lovers...

STARCRAFT: Zerg vs. Protoss vs. Terran: Sci-fi people should go crazy for this one

WARCRAFT: Undead vs. Humans vs. Orcs vs. Night Elves: Yeah, it's Fantasy...but who cares?

Warcraft VERSUS Starcraft: Magic versus Technology - This one will be epic...

War of the Pantheons (Greek, Norse, Eygptian) - Thy wills be done...

Naruto World - Ninja War: Choose your village and go Ninjutsu on your enemies

Pirate Wars - Galleon Rush: May the captain with the best ship and crew win...

Mafia Bashfest: Still working on this one...

PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?

Last edited by Rafael Domination; 01-02-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:33 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Eve (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 20
Name: Detrimas
Race: Wizard
Faction: Blue
Weapon: Staff (Used to bonk enemies in the head and cast a certain spell that makes the enemy freeze and alleviate in the air.)
Strength: Weak
Speed: Nimble but is very slow when it comes running in water.
Intelligence: High, thinks quickly when in danger
Stamina: Very poor for a wizard but can still manage acceptable distances.
Strengths: Evades and counters spells well
Weaknesses: Has trouble dealing with things that cannot be counterspelled
Personality: Very aggressive in battles and has a soft spot for Jenna. When not in battle, Detrimas is a carefree and happy-go-lucky person.

Each word comes deep within you. I am the words, I am the music.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p.../ieoiioi-1.jpgDetrimas ~ JOIN US AT x-VERSUS-x

I OWE SHADOW A CRITIQUE.

Last edited by Eve; 12-23-2007 at 03:39 AM.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:51 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Maker of Worlds

(A whacky start, but I havent really posted anything about what your factions magic style is...so...here goes)

White (Plains) is the color of order, healing, organization, purity, balance, law, justice, community, righteousness, and light (although not necessarily "good"). White's strengths are a roster of small creatures that are powerful for their cost, such as soldiers, knights, paladins and angels; protecting those creatures; healing and/or preventing damage; imposing restrictions on players; removing artifacts and enchantments; and the ability to "equalize" the playing field. White's weaknesses include its difficulty in directly killing opposing creatures, its inability to change game plans, and the fact that many of its most powerful spells affect all players equally: one of its signature spells, "Wrath of God," kills all creatures in play, including its own.

Blue (Island) is the color of knowledge, illusion, reason, dreams, ingenuity, manipulation, and trickery, as well as the classical elements of air and water. Blue's cards are best at letting a player draw additional cards, stealing control of opposing permanents, returning permanents to their owner's hands (informally called "bouncing" them), and "countering" (canceling) an opponent's spells, causing the mana to go to waste while the spell itself has no effect. Blue's creatures, which include shapeshifters, sea creatures and wizards, tend to have weaker base statistics than other colors, but commonly have flying or other "evasive" abilities. Blue's weaknesses include having trouble dealing with things that cannot be counterspelled, an expensive set of spells (especially its creatures), and a lack of ways to speed lands (which it needs a lot of) into play.

Black (Swamp) is the color of death, darkness, despair, plague, selfishness, ambition, greed, corruption, and amorality (although not necessarily "evil"). Black cards are best at eliminating creatures, making players discard cards from their hand, and raising creatures from the dead. Black, which seeks to win at all costs, delights in flexibility and unconventional tactics, and has limited access to many abilities or effects that are normally restricted to the other colors; however, these effects tend to require heavy sacrifices in resources, such as creatures, life, or cards. Black's main weaknesses are an almost complete inability to deal with enchantments and artifacts, its tendency to hurt itself almost as badly as it hurts the opponent, and difficulties in removing other black creatures directly from the field (though this restriction has been lightened in recent years)

Red (Mountain) is the color of chaos, destruction, war, passion, and fury, as well as lightning and the classical element of fire. Red shares an association with the classical element of earth with the color green; red has an affinity for the nonliving aspects of earth (rock and stone) while green is focused on the organic aspects.Red is one of the best colors for destroying opposing lands and artifacts, sacrificing permanent resources for temporary (but hopefully game-winning) power, and playing spells that deal "direct damage" to creatures or players, like "Lightning Bolt" or "Fireball" (which gave rise to another term for direct damage, "burn"). Red has a wide array of creatures, but with the exception of the infamous dragons, most of them are small and weak; it also has the vast majority of cards that involve random chance. Red shares the trickery theme with blue and can temporarily steal opponents' creatures or divert their spells. Red's weaknesses include its inability to destroy enchantments, the random or self-destructive nature of many of its spells, and its generally weak late-game play: it is designed to win fast or not at all.

Green (Forest) is the color of life, nature, growth, instinct, and interdependence. Green creatures tend to have the strongest base statistics in the game, and many of its spells make them stronger still. Green also excels at destroying "unnatural" artifacts and enchantments, while making use of powerful enchantments of its own, increasing a player's life total, and increasing mana-production capabilities. However, nearly all of Green's strategies depend on simply steamrolling the enemy with creatures; it has very little to offer should the opponent manage to incapacitate or overwhelm its horde. It also has a distinct shortage of flying creatures.

(Exerpt from Wikipedia...)

Soooo...if you're going to use llama magic, it better be related to your faction's Style...

Edit: Ignore any instructions on how to play the cards...the excerpt is just you get a basic idea of how your Faction works...

PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?

Last edited by Rafael Domination; 12-22-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:04 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Nyx (Offline)
Wordsmith

Times Thanked: 142
Nam:Jenna
Race: Shapeshifting Witch (this Witch can only shapshift into a blue dragon, nothing else, but the dragon can be different sizes everytime)
Faction:Blue...
Weapon: Dragon Fire(with one hit, the person who is hit will burn alive), some wizarding spells include: floating above the ground(not very high), swimming very fast, rebounding spells, blue smoke (completely block vision in any circumstance for a minimum of 20 seconds)
Strength: Medium (strong but not much above average)
Speed: Average (no superspeed though, although his reactions are EXTREMELY fast)
Intelligence:High (one of his most valubale talents: his strategies)
Stamina:long , unless injured badly
Strengths: Quick strategies, fast reactions and using others tricks against them, using the dragon's sharp fangs for serious damage
Weaknesses: not very fast if not in dragon form, can loose sight of the real goal easily, not very strong in the Witch form
Personality: Blood thristy, but logical, although only craves to be better than others, can sometimes forget who are his allies and not her ennemies. She also had odd looks which some people see as beauty and some people don't. She has long silver hair, with natural indigo stripes. Her eyes are the same, indigo with silver specks. She is unusually tall for her age.
What I don't like about this site is that there isn't enough social drama.

Last edited by Nyx; 12-23-2007 at 04:07 AM.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:15 AM View Post #5 (Link)
Maker of Worlds

Ah! 'Bout time you joined, Nyx!

I can't wait to crush the Whiteys and Greeneys!

Name: Dante Voltaire
Race: Nosferatu (Vampire)
Faction: BLACK
Weapon: A hill-sized Aura of Solid Darkness that he can control
Strength: High (Vampire )
Speed: High (Vampire )
Intelligence: Decent (Teenage Vampire...not an elder)
Stamina: Long, but longer when he drinks blood
Strengths: Can fight well on physical and magical grounds
Weaknesses: Sunlight, Holy Magic, Silver, Werewolf Venom...the usual
Abilities: Utilizes Undead Magic to summon skeleton servants, zombies and ghosts and contol his Darkness Aura...also specializes in unconventional magic
Personality: Calm but sneering. A bit proud...he knows he's got the drop-dead looks of his vampire kin, but his cold attitude takes away some of his charm...

PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?

Last edited by Rafael Domination; 12-25-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:34 AM View Post #6 (Link)
Eve (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 20
Editing. I'll always be a year older than you, Nyx!

Each word comes deep within you. I am the words, I am the music.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p.../ieoiioi-1.jpgDetrimas ~ JOIN US AT x-VERSUS-x

I OWE SHADOW A CRITIQUE.

Last edited by Eve; 12-23-2007 at 12:38 AM.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:21 AM View Post #7 (Link)
Nyx (Offline)
Wordsmith

I edited mine too, I decided I was too chicken to role play as a boy
Old 12-23-2007, 01:34 AM View Post #8 (Link)
Maker of Worlds

Okay...while waiting for the others...why don't we start...

The setting is a Magical School training all Five Magical Factions...Students can meet up with each other, Interact, Fight in an Arena, and the goal for each is to reach the status of First Place in the Starmoon Academy. There will be a Second and Third Place, but who wants to settle for those? I'll also be bringing in some NPC's like teachers and headmasters to teach students stuff. The deadline for the competition will be decided soon, and each Faction will earn points that I will display in the first post. The Faction with the most points wins this round and they will forever be remembered in a Hall of Fame I'll set up. New students can join whenever they want...but the later they join. the less they'll be able to help...

And...here's the twist that makes sure this doesn't wind up like some Hogwarts ripoff...
1) Students are allowed to kill each other
2) Students can select a Guardian Creautre to guide them through school
3) Trust no one outside your clan...not even the Teachers...or the Headmaster..who is rumored to have set up the whole competition just for the sake of sucking the winners magic...it's all a mystey...

Okay? Everything set?

Let Round One Begin...

PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?

Last edited by Rafael Domination; 12-23-2007 at 02:04 AM.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:27 AM View Post #9 (Link)
Nyx (Offline)
Wordsmith

Jenna was new to the Academy, she didn't even know how students were selected to go here, but here she was. Despite not knowing where anything was, she was calm. Her 2 inch black heels clunked on the floor, turning heads and attracting odd glances. She ignored them all, she was here for a different reason than everyone else, and her goal wasn't to make friends.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:33 AM View Post #10 (Link)
Maker of Worlds

Dante hopped off the wolf he rode on and turned it back into the thick, black aura he hid inside of him.

The Starmoon Academy wasn't like any Magical School in the world. While the others based theirs on wimpy students, Starmoon only accepted the strongest, and its graduates often went onto claiming the top spots in the Magcial world...at a high risk, of course. Not everyone was expected to survive. Only the most powerful would.

Dante spotted the girl almost immdiately. She was a Blue magic user, a valuable friend to the Black. If there was any time to make an ally, it was now.

"Good evening," Dante smiled, his small fangs glinting but in a friendly, non-threatening way, "You're new here, right? This is my second year. Allow me to show you around."

PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?