Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:27 PM View Post #1 (Link) Bookstore Suggestions
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Times Thanked: 99
Here you can suggest books that we should add to the bookstore. Please tell us the name of the book(s) and the author(s), and also if those books are part of a series.

Please don't suggest anything ridiculous, like adding all 100+ Boxcar Children books. For a series longer than 15 books, we'll probably only accept the first book.

Even more helpful: if you can give us a link to the book's cover or its wikipedia page, it would make it much easier for your suggestions to be added.

Edit: (by Shaun)
Some guidelines to make things easier:
Alright guys, I'm in charge of adding books to the story. I'd like to ask you all to do a favor from this point on (everything before this post is fine the way it is). If you could provide the following information:

Full author name.
Name of book.
Link to a high resolution image of the cover of the book (doesn't matter how large, just so long as it looks good. The higher the resolution the better it looks when I shrink it)
Genre or if it is part of a series the name of that series.

So, yeah, it'll make things go really fast for adding books if all that info is given straight out.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Andy; 12-13-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Reason: change the books around
Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Shaun (Offline)
Dead Person

Times Thanked: 142
At least for the time being we'll only take one for a long series. We want to get a lot of variety first. Once we start winding down we can fill up series though right?

My suggestion, even though you'll hate it: Eragon and Eldest

And something less lame: The Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov (Foundation, Second Foundation, and one other which I forget...)
And Leven Thumps (both books thus far released--the Gateway to Foo and the Whispered Secret)

Some classics:
Dickens, Orwell, Homer, Faulkner, Steinback, Hemmingway, Lewis Carol (or Carroll), the guy who wrote Wizard of Oz, and more when I think of them...

What about books of poems?
T. S. Eliot, Byron?

Old 09-28-2007, 11:12 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Okay, those all sound like good things to add! I've already got a list of about 40 classic books, but since we'll be sorting them by author in the store, it'll be easy to see what we don't have yet.

Books of poems, yes.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:26 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Shaun (Offline)
Dead Person

Times Thanked: 142
Keats! Whatever we do, we have to have KEATS!

Old 10-06-2007, 06:32 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Artemis Fowl (Colfer), Pellinor (Croggon), and Inheritance (Paolini) series books added to the bookstore (10 total)

Old 10-06-2007, 11:24 PM View Post #6 (Link)
Tncowgirl (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 21
Hmmm, Shaun already said Eragon. So lets see, Wolf by the Ears (Ann Rinaldi), pretty much anything by her. But Girl in Blue, is a really good one. hmmmmmmm, This Present Darkness (Frank Peritee *Sp*) and then Peircing this Darkness by him too.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:31 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Eragon and Eldest were added earlier today. I'll try to add your suggestions soon, TNC.

Just added: The Foundation Trilogy (Asimov) and Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats (T. S. Eliot)

Old 10-07-2007, 06:00 PM View Post #8 (Link)
jordanisonfire (Offline)
Master of English

Times Thanked: 97
The Word and the Void Series by Terry Brooks, The Old Kingdom Series and The Keys to the Kingdom Series. I'll think of more later.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:09 PM View Post #9 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Added the 7 UK versions of Harry Potter, Huck Finn, and the smallest and largest books in the world.

Next time I'll add the ones you guys suggested.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 PM View Post #10 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Added TNC's 4 suggestions.

Note: at the moment, the books may seem expensive, but that's because we're not to the point of doing a lot of critiquing yet.

Closed Thread