Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 02-11-2017, 08:36 AM View Post #1 (Link) Hi! I'm from Russia ^^
Hel2jay (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
Hi, Iím Elena Kazakova!
I try to find friends and readers from other countries. Now I'm translating my book Corvus, the first part "Child of the Hunt".
Iíd be really excited to hear your opinions and feedback on my draft.
Hereís what youíll find in Corvus:
- fantasy of the most entertaining order
- magical realism, with sorcery all around
- horror, without the slightest chance of a deus ex machina
- mysticism, with a monster in every shadow: a parallel world full of nightmares, demons, and the damned
I can't publish an exerpt from my book here yet, am i right? What should I do?

There is my little illustration
Old 02-11-2017, 08:49 AM View Post #2 (Link)
qwertyuiop (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 1
Wow, those are great ideas. And a facinating drawing to go with it. I'd love to read it.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:58 AM View Post #3 (Link)
Hel2jay (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
Wow, those are great ideas. And a facinating drawing to go with it. I'd love to read it.
Thank you)
My English is not very well, but I hope, that translation is nice. With my friend we translated one part from my book. There is the first paragraph

"Remnants of stained-glass windows, clouded with time and spider webs, broke rays of light into sharp edges. The rays mingled with the musty air and the floating dust that seemed to fill the house of the gods to its very apex.
The interior of the cathedral had grown wild and decrepit, had lost its former grandeur and sacrality. Termites skittered in the wall paneling: their black burrows riddled the carven figures of sacred animals like birdshot. The stone floor slabs, which retained the memory of kings and heroes past, had fallen to an onslaught of weeds and creeping vines. Of the previous furnishings only lighter spots on the walls remained. All of the statues, the images of the gods, the astronomical clock, the sacred writings, and even the coppers from the sacramental fountain had been appropriated for the kingdomís needs; the congregation had taken everything else. Faith had been brutally rooted out of the peopleís consciousness. One after another, religions had crumbled into dust, and their ceremonies had died with the gods."

Just introduction. I want to show more text
Another one
Old 02-11-2017, 09:17 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Georgy (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 88
Hi and welcome, very nice text, Lena, but there's one thing you should know: typically, to post here writings one should firstly make a critique on somebody's story, poem, whatever, and than, having got a quantity of points one may publish his(her) writing. Okay?
Dabs
"I believe we stand together to address the real issues facing this country, not allow them to divide us by race or where we come from. Let's create an America that works for all of us, not the handful on top." Senator B.Sanders
Old 02-11-2017, 09:20 AM View Post #5 (Link)
Hel2jay (Offline)
Literary Newbie

I'm sorry! Thank you for explanation, I will do my best!