Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 07-12-2016, 02:28 AM View Post #1 (Link) warrior cats prologue
Nightreader (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
Ok before you read, this is the prologue. I do not have the full story out yet. Every time I finish a chapter I will post it. once I finish my who book I will post it all together! hope you enjoy this prologue

The trees in the forest swayed side to side as Sunstar padded through the dark forest. He knew he was dreaming but he was confused why the forest was so dark. As he kept trudging on in the forest he heard someone calling his name, “Sunstar….” The mysterious voice said. “Who’s there?” he stammered trying to keep his fear from showing “I’ll fight you if I have to.” He hissed. Before he could say another word a beautiful white she-cat appeared in front of him. “Sunstar…” she began softly, “There is a prophecy you must know.” She was very calm and her blue gaze fixed on him. “W-who are you?” he hissed. “I am snowstar, Dustclan’s first leader.” Without letting Sunstar reply she went on “ There is a prophecy you must know about.” Sunstar’s snarl turned to shock. A prophecy he thought? I just became leader of Dustclan, how am I supposed to handle this? What am I suppose to tell my clan? What if I mess the prophecy up? He started to panic. He was so worried he barley heard Snowstar calling his name.
“Sunstar.” She said again only more firm this time. Sunstar realized that he was wasting moon light. “Sorry Snowstar” he mumbled. “It’s just, I never had to handle a prophecy before. I’m worried I’m going to mess it up. What will I tell my clan?” Then he realized that he was starting to whine like a kit not getting its way.
Snowstar let out a mrrrow of laughter. “It’s not that hard” she meowed with a smile. As her smile slowly faded away she said “ Silver star, Dust of storms, River of rapids and Roses of reds, they together can save your clan.” Sunstar realized she was fading away into the darkness behind her, a moment later she was gone. He still had questions for her. Before he could think of any of the questions the whole forest was fading in front of him. He realized that he was waking from his dream. A heartbeat later he was back in his cozy den. His head franticly spun with questions he could not answer himself. Though he couldn’t remember anything in the dream, he did remember the prophecy, “Silver star, Dust of storms, River of rapids and Roses of reds, they together can save your clan.”

Thanks for reading! hope to get next chapter out soon!
Old 08-02-2016, 06:43 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Efraim (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
Really an interesting story! Though i don't know anything about the character yet I can feel his uncertainty and willingness to be a good leader. I'd love to read more about Sunstar! I noticed you made a typo: "barley" correct that and you have the start to what I hope becomes a great story!
Old 11-21-2016, 02:51 AM View Post #3 (Link)
hannah55 (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
Good and intriguing beginning! I really like that you can feel how Sunstar seems like an aggressive, but thoughtful main character - it is a combination that I rarely see and that I look forward to read more about. I do think that the prophecy itself could be phrased a bit more "fantastical", but otherwise great stuff!
Old 01-04-2017, 12:45 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Maple River (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
I like it. I basically like anything with cats. Especially warrior cats... which leads me to books like the Warrior series by Erin Hunter . I was just wondering if this is a fanfiction or an independent spin on things (new characters, new plot, etc). Well, I guess new characters and plot is technically a fanfiction, but I'm plenty guilty of writing fanfics (mainly Spider-man ones). If it is a fanfiction, I would definitely read the rest. Power to the cat-lovers!