Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 02-19-2016, 02:39 AM View Post #1 (Link) Finish the story!
Pisces (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
(I'm newbie here so don't mind me)

Alisha couldn't sleep, she heard noises and rhythms of trees rustling on the ground and air. She turned her body towards the red lamp, her body moving in a weak position. As her body moved so did her cat, Lily. Alisha rubbed her eyes and then yawned, she looked at the clock she had in her room, 5:34 A.M, she chuckled for a moment and gently pets Lily. "I wonder will father come back.." She says quietly as she puts Lily down and opens the door, figuring out what to do now.

Welp that was terrible but meh
Old 02-19-2016, 06:30 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Georgy (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 88
[QUOTE=Pisces;198250](I'm newbie here so don't mind me)

Alisha couldn't sleep, she heard noises and rhythms of trees rustling on the ground and air. She turned her body towards the red lamp, her body moving in a weak position. As her body moved so did her cat, Lily. Alisha rubbed her eyes and then yawned, she looked at the clock she had in her room, 5:34 A.M, she chuckled for a moment and gently pets Lily. "I wonder will father come back.." She says quietly as she puts Lily down and opens the door, figuring out what to do now.
Welp that was terrible but meh Alisha went to the kitchen, took out a bottle of milk from the fridge and poured it in the plate for LIly to drink. Lily began lapping milk and Alisha stroked Lily between her ears.
Not having finished her breakfast, Lily bounced to the opposite wall and hissed aggressively.
"What happened,Lily?" Alisha screamed badly frightened and turned around.
What she saw was a huge red cat, who stared at Lily in admiration.
Alisha was taken aback and exclaimed "What the hell are you doing here?"
"It's not appropriate for so little girl to use so nasty words," the cat said amiably.
"Who are you?" the girl persevered. "How did you get here, you tressspasser!"
"You mean a trespasser? The fact is, there's only one "s" in the first syllable," the cat answered mildly. " My name is Butch, and my owner's name is Dabs."
"Oh," Alisha sighed with relief. " I know him quite well." She turned to Lily "He lives in our neighbors's house."
"Well," Alisha addressed Butch "and again, why did you come here without your owner, without our invitation, and mind you, so early?"
" The first time I saw Lily," Butch launched his speech, " I fall in love with her, and can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't even read books..."
"You read books?" Alisha exclaimed in amazement.
"Yeah," Butch nodded. " My owner, Dabs, taught me. So, I went here to ask your permission to marry Lily."
"What? Are you crazy?" Alisha shouted.
"Yeah, I'm crazy because of love!" Butch answered.
"Lily, what do you make of it?" Alisha asked. "Would you agree?"
"Yes, I'm gonna accept his proposal," Lily answered with enthusiasm. "Butch is so cute, so intelligent, and at the end of the day he can read books! I'd like to marry him!"
"Oh, my god!" Alisha sighed. "Very nice beginning of the day. Okay, I agree as well! Now kiss each other and be happy!"
Lily and Butch kissed each other, and you, my lovely reader, may rest assured, they were very, very happy.
Dabs
"I believe we stand together to address the real issues facing this country, not allow them to divide us by race or where we come from. Let's create an America that works for all of us, not the handful on top." Senator B.Sanders

Last edited by Georgy; 02-19-2016 at 06:42 AM.