Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 01-19-2016, 07:55 AM View Post #1 (Link) A Humble Introduction
Arvo (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
Hello, I am Arvo. I'm a newbie writer (hopefully) like many of you. I wish to learn more about writing and get better at it. English is my second language so please bear with me if I sound weird or my grammar is completely out of place. I am currently working on a fantasy adventure novel and would like a thorough breakdown of my faults as well as a nice pat in the back for the things I have excelled in my work. I look forward to reading other people's work and absorbing knowledge from your critiques, much like how a vampire sucks blood XD.

Last edited by Arvo; 01-19-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:24 AM View Post #2 (Link)
DestinyVamp (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
Welcome to YWO and English is my second language too and you can tell me if you want a critique By the way what genre are you writing
I can be by myself because I'm never lonely; I'm simply alone, living in my heavily populated solitude, a harum-scarum of infinity and eternity, and Infinity and Eternity seem to take a liking to the likes of me.
― Bohumil Hrabal, Too Loud a Solitude
Old 01-19-2016, 10:02 AM View Post #3 (Link)
Arvo (Offline)
Novice Writer

Thanks for the warm welcome, coming from a cold blood sucker, it means a lot. And yes, I do have something that needs critiquing, it is posted in the member's novel section. I prefer writing fiction than non-fiction and have a soft spot for fantasy themed works. Anime has a strong influence on me. Nice to meet ya by the way.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:16 AM View Post #4 (Link)
DestinyVamp (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
Oh so much like me but I have searched for your work I don't you have posted any yet
I can be by myself because I'm never lonely; I'm simply alone, living in my heavily populated solitude, a harum-scarum of infinity and eternity, and Infinity and Eternity seem to take a liking to the likes of me.
― Bohumil Hrabal, Too Loud a Solitude
Old 01-19-2016, 10:20 AM View Post #5 (Link)
Arvo (Offline)
Novice Writer

The work is titled Ardaelen Chronicles: Seasons of Change

So far only the Prologue and parts of Chapter 1 can be seen. They should be located in the Novels Members only section.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:33 PM View Post #6 (Link)
The Enchanted Muggle (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 20
Hello Arvo, welcome to YWO! I'm glad you found YWO and I hope you find your way around okay. If not, don't worry! Everyone's here and friendly and willing to answer any questions that you may have!

Do you have a favorite book or author? Music?

Originally Posted by sbenzing
Wow. So youre a Korean girl who grew up in Hong Kong, lives in the United States now and is studying Spanish in college? You know that's crazy right?
Jisun: I feel like I'm writing some Twilight shit.
Kanen: Ji, I feel like that all the time.
Kanen: The difference is,
Kanen: this is only your first draft.
Kanen: for her, it was her last.
PUBLISHED BOOK FOR KINDLE
Old 01-19-2016, 08:24 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Arvo (Offline)
Novice Writer

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am having quite a hard time figuring out the ins and outs of this site but I'm learning. About books, hmm... I guess I'm a fan of many Asian light novels, Sword Art Online was the first one I have read quite a while back. There's also The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor which is in Korean and many more of the sort. I have a soft spot for fantasy themed stories and Anime has a strong influence on me.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:44 PM View Post #8 (Link)
The Enchanted Muggle (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 20
That's really cool I've heard of Swort Art Online before (the anime and the manga) but i've never heard of The Legenary Moonlight Sculptor before, but the title intrigues me.

Originally Posted by sbenzing
Wow. So youre a Korean girl who grew up in Hong Kong, lives in the United States now and is studying Spanish in college? You know that's crazy right?
Jisun: I feel like I'm writing some Twilight shit.
Kanen: Ji, I feel like that all the time.
Kanen: The difference is,
Kanen: this is only your first draft.
Kanen: for her, it was her last.
PUBLISHED BOOK FOR KINDLE
Old 01-20-2016, 12:54 AM View Post #9 (Link)
Arvo (Offline)
Novice Writer

Well the title kinda spoils it all. The main character's job class inside a game is Sculptor and everyone almost makes fun of that fact since a sculptor is almost useless in battle. However, what they don't know is that he's no ordinary sculptor...

Also Sword Art Online is better in its Novel form rather than the anime. The manga is good too. The anime just took out so much things from the novel that made the story bland and cliche. Give it a read when you have the chance.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:58 AM View Post #10 (Link)
Keladry (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 50
Sounds like you're here for all the right reasons! Welcome to YWO!