Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 12-20-2015, 03:44 AM View Post #1 (Link) Looking for fellow writers:)
lauraybayy (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
My name is Lauren Bason and writing is just about the only thing I'm actually good at. I'm looking to help critique others' work, while also having an awesome excuse to write. I look forward to seeing what this website has in store for me! Please respond with subject ideas for my first piece!!!
Old 12-20-2015, 05:02 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Untitled (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Originally Posted by lauraybayy View Post
My name is Lauren Bason and writing is just about the only thing I'm actually good at. I'm looking to help critique others' work, while also having an awesome excuse to write. I look forward to seeing what this website has in store for me! Please respond with subject ideas for my first piece!!!
Welcome, dear Laura. As per your request, what abt sth centered around an individual who is about to end his/her life but desperately needs someone who would be around to give company during the last moments of his/her life? But this 'someone' would have to remain calm as the person goes for it b/c that's how s/he wants it to be. S/he just wants that someone to be there so as to not feel lonely during those last moments. That's how far I would go. The rest is up to you.

Disclaimer: It may sound similar to the plot of the beautiful movie called 'Taste of Cherry'; excuse me, please, if it turns out to be a more-than-acceptable match.

Last edited by Untitled; 12-22-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:16 AM View Post #3 (Link) Idea!
ImaybeaBurroughs (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Write about a frog that falls in love with a bird, only never tell us, the reader, that you're outright being anthropomorphic. Instead express longing, or disgust, or whatever it is that would be present and important in such a scenario. It can be as abstract as you like.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:50 AM View Post #4 (Link)
phoniexbird (Offline)
Novice Writer

Hey!! Do you like realistic-fiction?
Well I got an idea for it!

So there's this girl who is in the middle of a crisis 'stay with her mom--- or stay with her dad?' As she steps into middle school she has to decide to stay in the little small town in Georgia where she was born and raised, or move with her father to the big city?

Email or message me with any questions with my idea,
Best Of Luck,

phoniexbird

Last edited by phoniexbird; 01-02-2016 at 02:51 AM.

Reason: I forgot to add something to my reasponse
Old 01-15-2016, 07:37 AM View Post #5 (Link)
DestinyVamp (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
Originally Posted by phoniexbird View Post
Hey!! Do you like realistic-fiction?
Well I got an idea for it!

So there's this girl who is in the middle of a crisis 'stay with her mom--- or stay with her dad?' As she steps into middle school she has to decide to stay in the little small town in Georgia where she was born and raised, or move with her father to the big city?

phoniexbird
The idea is awesome but when you thought of the idea what would you like it to be formed into? A novel, novella or a short story because I think it is perfect for a short story but if the plan is of writing something bigger than more development is needed I say suggest a twist in the idea too (I am willing to no it too)
I won't steal it
Old 01-21-2016, 03:12 AM View Post #6 (Link)
Arvo (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
Hey, Arvo here, fellow newbie. How about a modernized version of a fairy tale you like. For example: Infamous Hacker Robinhood who robs the rich's bank accounts and gives it to the poor, Snow White at the Apple store, etc.