Forum
Community Forum
Today's Posts
FAQ & Rules
Members List

Writing
Writing Forum
Recent Posts
Critique Guidelines

Groups
YWO Social Groups
Facebook
Myspace

Chat
 
YWA

Register

Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2015, 12:58 AM View Post #11 (Link)
CatatonicAlpaca (Offline)
Novice Writer
 
CatatonicAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Straya
Posts: 23
Points: 9
Times Thanked: 1
I have read the Telltale Heart by Edgar, and it leads me to wonder if he often feels haunted? Just because some of his work pertain to something stalking or pursuing him with intensity...Hmm...
Lol!
Have you tried reading H.P Lovecraft? He's along pretty similar lines with Po, except with a more Sci-Fi, cosmic horror approach.
I also love the original Evil Dead I'm trying to get my hands on the 2nd film, and I am really looking forward to watching Army of Darkness (Not much horror, but still looks good).
I seriously recommend the Insidious films. They are AMAZING. I wanted to watch the 3rd in cinemas, but ran out of time
Have you seen Sinister? I'm trying to make up my mind whether I should watch it, and the second is coming out so...........
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:25 AM View Post #12 (Link)
SueMe (Offline)
Abstract Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
Points: 8.75
Times Thanked: 0
Originally Posted by CatatonicAlpaca View Post
Lol!
Have you tried reading H.P Lovecraft? He's along pretty similar lines with Po, except with a more Sci-Fi, cosmic horror approach.
I also love the original Evil Dead I'm trying to get my hands on the 2nd film, and I am really looking forward to watching Army of Darkness (Not much horror, but still looks good).
I seriously recommend the Insidious films. They are AMAZING. I wanted to watch the 3rd in cinemas, but ran out of time
Have you seen Sinister? I'm trying to make up my mind whether I should watch it, and the second is coming out so...........
I've heard of H.P Lovecraft, but I haven't read his work yet. I'll have to give it a try! Especially since his work leans to scifi, I love scifi

Isn't Evil Dead such a great film? I have not seen the others, but I will as soon as I find some time

It's like we both have a list of things to watch but we're both so busy! However, I will really, really try to squeeze some time in for Insidious. I'm definitely taking your word for it because we have the same taste in horror films

I also never seen Sinister, but it seems pretty good. I have to add it to my list of must watch horror films
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:26 AM View Post #13 (Link)
CatatonicAlpaca (Offline)
Novice Writer
 
CatatonicAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Straya
Posts: 23
Points: 9
Times Thanked: 1
I've heard of H.P Lovecraft, but I haven't read his work yet. I'll have to give it a try! Especially since his work leans to scifi, I love scifi

Isn't Evil Dead such a great film? I have not seen the others, but I will as soon as I find some time

It's like we both have a list of things to watch but we're both so busy! However, I will really, really try to squeeze some time in for Insidious. I'm definitely taking your word for it because we have the same taste in horror films

I also never seen Sinister, but it seems pretty good. I have to add it to my list of must watch horror films
Lolp. Brilliant
You will not regret watching insidious. I might also try watch the Exorcist this weekend, as your going out of your way to watch insidious
I have to agree, sci-fi is pretty awesome. One of my favorite movies of all time (interstellar) is science fiction.
I'm also trying to make my way around to watching the grudge. Have you seen it, because it looks awesome.
Still trying to make up my mind whether to watch the Japanese or American version though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:44 PM View Post #14 (Link)
SueMe (Offline)
Abstract Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
Points: 8.75
Times Thanked: 0
Originally Posted by CatatonicAlpaca View Post
Lolp. Brilliant
You will not regret watching insidious. I might also try watch the Exorcist this weekend, as your going out of your way to watch insidious
I have to agree, sci-fi is pretty awesome. One of my favorite movies of all time (interstellar) is science fiction.
I'm also trying to make my way around to watching the grudge. Have you seen it, because it looks awesome.
Still trying to make up my mind whether to watch the Japanese or American version though.
I've never seen The Grudge but I should. Just to see what it's like. I have tried in the past, but so many other movies and television shows have imitated the Grudge that I have a hard time watching it because it feels as if I already know what's going to happen. i hate when other shows do this

I also had a difficult decision in deciding if I should watch the American or Japanese version as well, but I have to watch that movie in it's entirety!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:38 AM View Post #15 (Link)
CatatonicAlpaca (Offline)
Novice Writer
 
CatatonicAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Straya
Posts: 23
Points: 9
Times Thanked: 1
I've never seen The Grudge but I should. Just to see what it's like. I have tried in the past, but so many other movies and television shows have imitated the Grudge that I have a hard time watching it because it feels as if I already know what's going to happen. i hate when other shows do this

I also had a difficult decision in deciding if I should watch the American or Japanese version as well, but I have to watch that movie in it's entirety!
I've heard some pretty good things about the grudge, though I have to agree with you, a lot of things have ruined it for me (looking at you, scary movie).
Speaking of different countries making movies, have you seen let me in/let the right one in? It doesn't seem all horror, but It's got lots of good reviews.........
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:42 AM View Post #16 (Link)
SueMe (Offline)
Abstract Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
Points: 8.75
Times Thanked: 0
Originally Posted by CatatonicAlpaca View Post
I've heard some pretty good things about the grudge, though I have to agree with you, a lot of things have ruined it for me (looking at you, scary movie).
Speaking of different countries making movies, have you seen let me in/let the right one in? It doesn't seem all horror, but It's got lots of good reviews.........
Agreed. Scary movie has pretty much let me know what the basis of the Grudge is about!

I haven't seen let me in/let the right one in yet, though it seems pretty good. There are a lot of horror movies being released lately and I've seen so many good previews that I forget to watch some or I'll forget the title to one of the films
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:05 AM View Post #17 (Link)
CatatonicAlpaca (Offline)
Novice Writer
 
CatatonicAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Straya
Posts: 23
Points: 9
Times Thanked: 1
Agreed. Scary movie has pretty much let me know what the basis of the Grudge is about!

I haven't seen let me in/let the right one in yet, though it seems pretty good. There are a lot of horror movies being released lately and I've seen so many good previews that I forget to watch some or I'll forget the title to one of the films
I have to agree with you
This year and the next looks amazing for films, horror and others.
Later this month you have the next Sinister, then some time later this year another film in the Conjuring line of movies..............
Its a good year for films
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:54 AM View Post #18 (Link)
SueMe (Offline)
Abstract Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
Points: 8.75
Times Thanked: 0
Originally Posted by CatatonicAlpaca View Post
I have to agree with you
This year and the next looks amazing for films, horror and others.
Later this month you have the next Sinister, then some time later this year another film in the Conjuring line of movies..............
Its a good year for films
Agreed! For a while, I was a bit apprehensive of viewing a new horror film, but as of late, there has been a slew of great horror movies!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:26 PM View Post #19 (Link)
horselover913 (Offline)
Idea Scribe
 
horselover913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 56
Points: 8.32
Times Thanked: 3
I L-O-V-E horror! Film, literature, I don't care! I LOVE it! My favorite film is Cujo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:08 PM View Post #20 (Link)
SueMe (Offline)
Abstract Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
Points: 8.75
Times Thanked: 0
Originally Posted by horselover913 View Post
I L-O-V-E horror! Film, literature, I don't care! I LOVE it! My favorite film is Cujo.
I'm the same way! I saw Cujo and it's a scary film!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

 


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All writing Copyright © its author(s). All other material Copyright © 2007-2012 Young Writers Online unless otherwise specified.
Managed by Andrew Kukwa (Andy) and Shaun Duke (Shaun) from The World in the Satin Bag. Design by HTWoRKS.