Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 08-26-2015, 01:11 AM View Post #21 (Link)
TheMostSolidOfSnakes (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
Originally Posted by horselover913 View Post
I say take out both!
So because one looks similar to the other, eradicate both? Where is the logic in that? Most of the "studies" that involve the E-cigs are pointless, because they are using temperatures no e-cig user would attempt for fear of burning his cotton. A friend of mine, Dr. Laghterbaught (forgive me for the spelling) works in the FDA and tests these products for a living. His job is to make these devices cause explosions, kill mice, or find any way these could be a hazard to users. So far, he's had to throw one in the fire to make it explode, and suffocate mice in the vapor with out oxygen to kill them. There is footage on Youtube where flies are placed under glasses with oxygen, e-cig clouds, and cigarette smoke. The flies died under the smoke, but survived under the oxygen and vapor bowels.

Next time instead of having an opinion without being educated on the subject, ask before you blatantly state an opinion. Sorry if I come off nasty, I don't mean to. But with the new state laws on E-cigs, it'll only become harder to get cigarette users to kick the habit.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:52 AM View Post #22 (Link)
JazzyRae (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 3
As much as I would like to say that the government should ban nicotine and smoking altogether, I know that isn't reasonable. So, if science doesn't find anything new about e-cigs, they would be preferable to regular smoking. It reduces second-hand smoke, therefore fewer deaths from it. But, nothing about smoking is good. Even e-cigs probably have some of the consequences such as lung disease and cancer. So, I believe we should find a middle ground; banning cigarettes and instead make more e-cigs and/or helping people quit more than they are already, would be a good idea. There help groups that can solve addiction problems. But my only concern with this is how some of the public would react. Humans don't necessarily like change or their freedoms 'limited'. The whole movement could be more work than a lot of people will think that it's worth. But, I think in the long run, it might help the human race for the better.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:21 AM View Post #23 (Link)
Ishaan (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
I agree that cigarettes are injurious to health but world market will be drastically reduced and there will be a problem of unemployment and poverty world wide.