Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 11-02-2014, 04:01 AM View Post #21 (Link)
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
Good luck everyone!
Old 11-02-2014, 01:07 PM View Post #22 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
Yo folks, what are your nano-usernames? I'm Lykaios. (including the period)

What are your novels about? Are you continuing a work in progress or starting something new? Is this your first time or are you a Wrimo veteran? Are you giving yourself encouragements? What will your reward be when you reach your goal?
Old 11-02-2014, 07:22 PM View Post #23 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
I decided to try this. This will be my first time trying NaNoWriMo. My username is Infinity_Man there as well (one thing I like about this name is that it never seems to be taken other places and I use it for most of my internet personas)

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:37 PM View Post #24 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
DaveB1992 is my username.

Edit: Oh, and I did this once before, in 2010. I won. My book is a sci-fi story. It takes place at the dawn of the space age, when humans of just recently colonized the moon. The Earth is run under one government, but it's an oligarchy. My protag is the son of one of the oligarchs, who's interested in the business potential of the moon and the new culture that springs up there. I want it to be something of a spiritual journey for him. I have a vague idea where's going to end up, but I know that he starts off as kind of cold and calculating, and the primary conflict comes from meeting his birth mother (who was a gold-digger) and half-brother, and his curiosity with them. He doesn't have any sentimental attachment to them, but he's kind of curious as to how he can use them to break away from his highly structured life.

Last edited by Dabs; 11-02-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:07 PM View Post #25 (Link)
Pony123 (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
3000 words in.

Wind in My Face
Old 11-02-2014, 10:10 PM View Post #26 (Link)
lalodragon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 193
I'm lalodragon over there. Not nanoing, but I may lurk throughout the month in an attempt to write something.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:32 AM View Post #27 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
My girlfriend and I were tired of being cooped up in our apartment, so we're at a cafe right now. She's doing homework and I'm writing (I know it's cliche, but I work really well in a cafe). We've been here for two hours, and I managed to get 6500 words written, bringing me to 7000. Take that, first two days of NaNo.

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:34 AM View Post #28 (Link)
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
I am ScottyMcGeester on their site.

I belted out 5,533 words yesterday. Today was kind of busy so I only did a mere 67 words but I'll get on track tomorrow when I sit at my desk at work not having to do anything else.

EDIT: How come I can't find any of you guys? Am I spazzing out here because I haven't used this site since like last November since I didn't care. But I'm trying to search for your usernames and nothing comes up.

Last edited by ScottyMcGee; 11-03-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:49 AM View Post #29 (Link)
The Enchanted Muggle (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 20
I'm mugglefun on there. :3

Originally Posted by sbenzing
Wow. So youre a Korean girl who grew up in Hong Kong, lives in the United States now and is studying Spanish in college? You know that's crazy right?
Jisun: I feel like I'm writing some Twilight shit.
Kanen: Ji, I feel like that all the time.
Kanen: The difference is,
Kanen: this is only your first draft.
Kanen: for her, it was her last.
PUBLISHED BOOK FOR KINDLE
Old 11-03-2014, 02:41 PM View Post #30 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
Originally Posted by ScottyMcGee View Post
I am ScottyMcGeester on their site.

I belted out 5,533 words yesterday. Today was kind of busy so I only did a mere 67 words but I'll get on track tomorrow when I sit at my desk at work not having to do anything else.

EDIT: How come I can't find any of you guys? Am I spazzing out here because I haven't used this site since like last November since I didn't care. But I'm trying to search for your usernames and nothing comes up.
The nano site is kind of crappy. I can't find either you or muggle on there, probably because there's something wrong with the search engine.