Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-28-2014, 09:11 PM View Post #1 (Link) Hendrix doodle
Lydia (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
So I was really bored and I spent about half an hour on this little piece. It's Hendrix, which is just biro with some cross hatching and the rest just random squiggles and a little hint of watercolour. Please tell me what you think, feel free to pick at is as much as you like, I understand the actual drawing isn't all that accurate, but that was kind of the desired, rough effect of the piece. The colours were also chosen due to purple haze which I felt was appropriate (great song), and I thought the added yellow just made it that little bit more psychedelic.
Thanks.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:02 PM View Post #2 (Link) wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unicorn04 (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 3
That's impressive! I'm a good artist, but you are phenomenal! Just a few things:
The chin gets a little skinny at the end.
The dark colors matched the artwork, but picture this artwork in light colors! (I prefer a little abstract, but you are the artist. Don't take my advice if you don't agree )
I didn't find this much of a doodle. It looked more like a final draft with all the color!
Show his emotion in a strong way! I thought he looked somber, but that seems unlikely for a guy that sings Purple Haze! And yes, it is a good song.

See ya later,
Unicorn04
Old 07-03-2014, 03:21 PM View Post #3 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Lydia (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
Originally Posted by unicorn04 View Post
That's impressive! I'm a good artist, but you are phenomenal! Just a few things:
The chin gets a little skinny at the end.
The dark colors matched the artwork, but picture this artwork in light colors! (I prefer a little abstract, but you are the artist. Don't take my advice if you don't agree )
I didn't find this much of a doodle. It looked more like a final draft with all the color!
Show his emotion in a strong way! I thought he looked somber, but that seems unlikely for a guy that sings Purple Haze! And yes, it is a good song.

See ya later,
Unicorn04
Thankyou, I'm now taking this to canvas and doing a more detailed version, the colour I still think I'll keep darker, but perhaps a more tealy, lighter blue than the dark blue, thanks for the advice. I think it would be a nice contrast still between the colours. And I dunno haha, for me I consider it a doodle because it was quick, the colour took me about 2 minutes to patch here and there but the actual biro took some time. But I'll post the final piece of this And also yeah, I totally see what you mean about the chin, I should make it more boxed off I feel. But thankyou for the critique! And apparently he was a pretty sombre guy, I read that he felt very isolated because of his talent and he felt that he had reached levels that no other could, which is partially why he claimed he turned to drugs :/. Such a cool guy though...