Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-24-2014, 08:35 PM View Post #1 (Link) Teaser Poster Concept
Lady (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 4
I had a ton of fun creating this image - I was hoping to show a bit of a time lapse within the image that would properly represent my novel/game in progress titled, The Red Forest.

http://racheljordanm.files.wordpress...vie-poster.jpg

All original characters and artwork. Hope you enjoy :]
Old 06-24-2014, 09:08 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 355
Do you want the image to show up in the body of the post itself? If so, here are a few ways to format it:

If you just want the image to appear in the body of the post when somebody clicks in this thread, use this formatting:

[img]url.jpg[*/img]

Obviously, replace url.jpg with the actual url for your image, and take the * out from the brackets.

If you want to wrap "spoiler" tags around the image, so that it's in the body of the post but people have to click the box to "reveal" the image, use this formatting:

[spoiler][img]url.jpg[*/img][*/spoiler]

Same deal as above: use your own url and take out the * symbols.

Consider this a crit ticket - I'll be back with comments some time in the next few days
Old 06-24-2014, 09:26 PM View Post #3 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Lady (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 4
The image is unfortunately too large to post in the body of the post, and I'm also not interested in creating a spoiler box - find it unnecessary since it's only one link. But thank you for your help. :] I also look forward to your future comments!

Last edited by Lady; 06-24-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:04 AM View Post #4 (Link) Nice
AliceGreen (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
  • I liked your artwork. Did you design it? However, I have not read your story so I cant have an opinion on how suitable it it. I did think it was more fore a film than a book though. I think you have done it very well, though the font for 'the red forest' is not really the correct choice.Maybe it is only me but I think it is too much in the background and the letters don't look that good. When you said that you hoped this would stop your writer's block I must disagree. Possibly the only way to do so is to sit down and write, on anything at all.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:01 PM View Post #5 (Link)
FlamingArrow (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
I really enjoy thrillers. I think this poster is interesting. The most important part about making a poster, is to capture your audience. You totally captured your audience, and for that I applaud you. Something to be careful with is adding to much, for the most part you avoided that. There is one thing I would edit though. The fence behind the man with the glowing red eyes maybe interferes a little to much. Other then that I really appreciate your design. I think it makes your poster very much like a real movie poster when you added the names of the directer, the producer, and the other main roles. I do have one question however, what did you use to design this? I hope you make more of these because I enjoyed viewing this very much.