Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-11-2014, 09:22 PM View Post #1 (Link) Garden Beauty
Kaerain (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 2
Finally found out how to work this thanks to Isis please view many of my pieces like The cyborg , A piece, and flower beauty and this one Jawline

http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Ma...36b8f.jpg.html

Last edited by Kaerain; 06-14-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:43 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 355
The easiest way to post your artwork is to upload a picture of your art to a file or photo site like photobucket or tinypic or flickr, or to your blog if you have one (a wordpress, a tumblr, etc), and then to post the url to that image in image tags.

For example, here's what I do to include a picture into a post. I have photobucket, so that's what you'll see in this example. You might have some other way of uploading a picture, so if so, try that. Otherwise, you can figure out a photo upload site that works for you and make an account on it. There are a few decent ones that are free and pretty easy to navigate.

1. I log in to my photobucket account
2. I upload the picture I want to include using the "upload" button - you'll find this in different places depending on the website that you want to use. For photobucket, it's at the top of every page. Usually the website will open a window where you can find the picture you want on your hard drive and click on it. This will basically send the picture to the website.
3. Now that I uploaded the picture, photobucket gives me a few options for sharing that picture with the world - email, IM, direct URL, html, and img. I want either the direct url, which you could paste into the address bar of the browser to see just the image, or img.

Here's what direct url looks like:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...IsisSquare.jpg

That doesn't make the image appear on the screen obviously, but somebody could click on the link or copy and paste that text into their address bar to see the image. However, that's annoying. I don't want people to have to do that to see my image. In this case, I want everyone to see what my avatar looks like up close. To do that, I wrap the direct url in image tags:

[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i41/Mynnan/IsisSquare.jpg[*/img]

In what I've shown you above, the * prevents the forum from "seeing" the tags and showing the image. Take the * out and it looks like this:

Yay, an image!

So, in brief: sign in to some photo uploading site or sharing site.
upload the pictures you want to post here
find the direct urls for the images
surround each url with the image tags (in brackets: [ ]) as shown above
profit! (the images should show up directly in the post, no downloading or clicking or copy-pasting required)

Last edited by Isis; 06-11-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 AM View Post #3 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Kaerain (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Thank you so much
Old 06-14-2014, 03:07 AM View Post #4 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Kaerain (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Thanks and look for Flower Beauty its my first piece on this site