Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 05-25-2014, 02:11 PM View Post #1 (Link) Review day?
myjaspercat (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 7
Myjaspercat here,

So my sister and I are as well on a different site and they have what we call a review day. I believe that YWO should have a review day as well. During this time all forums are closed for new submits so it gives a chance for all the writing in the 'care to critique' forum and on other forums a chance to be reviewed and for those authors to get advice that they desperately need.

Please consider what I have said. Thank you

Last edited by myjaspercat; 05-25-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:01 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Derezzination (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 74
All members dedicate themselves to giving critiques on everything that hasn't received a critique? Most members post and then leave, most pieces are attributed to those members.

Do you need a critique?
Old 05-26-2014, 04:45 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Julian (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 78
This is actually a really interesting idea, but it's kind of flawed when you consider that everyone lives under different time zones and life situations.

But it's still an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind actually having a set date in which an abundance of critiques are submitted at once. It could be fun.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:39 AM View Post #4 (Link)
lalodragon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 193
mhm, I like the idea.
But we already have days when no writing is posted (don't we?) & crits don't really increase. Rather than a day of closed forums, we need a day of high hopes, get stirred up and wipe out the c2c list. Pick a day then & create the groundswell!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:15 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Raconteur (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 142
Maybe instead of closing the writing forums, we could do something like ... one day a week where a critique is worth more points? Double or something?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:57 PM View Post #6 (Link)
lalodragon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 193
Originally Posted by Raconteur View Post
Maybe instead of closing the writing forums, we could do something like ... one day a week where a critique is worth more points? Double or something?
Isn't that counterintuitive? So that normally if you want to post a story, you have to crit twice, but on Saturday you can do it just once (for equal points).

So what if, next Sunday, we all throw into it and try to wipe out the c2c? I don't do long prose because it takes days and days but I'd be glad to help with poetry/short stories.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:34 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Julian (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Or what about we reward the user who's critted the most in a span of time with more crit points, or/and a title?!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:59 PM View Post #8 (Link)
myjaspercat (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Originally Posted by lalodragon View Post
Isn't that counterintuitive? So that normally if you want to post a story, you have to crit twice, but on Saturday you can do it just once (for equal points).

So what if, next Sunday, we all throw into it and try to wipe out the c2c? I don't do long prose because it takes days and days but I'd be glad to help with poetry/short stories.
That's the thing, most people don't like to critique long works, how is that fair to the writer of that post? If there was a day with no new work being submitted it gives those authors a chance to get the feedback that they need
Old 05-27-2014, 08:01 PM View Post #9 (Link)
Julian (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Originally Posted by myjaspercat View Post
That's the thing, most people don't like to critique long works, how is that fair to the writer of that post? If there was a day with no new work being submitted it gives those authors a chance to get the feedback that they need
Pencil Directive (Division Three: The Critique Zone)
Old 05-27-2014, 08:02 PM View Post #10 (Link)
myjaspercat (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Or what about we reward the user who's critted the most in a span of time with more crit points, or/and a title?!
I like your ideas here, I think that if there was some sort of 'prize' then maybe it would motivate others to critique more/ longer works.