Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 04-22-2014, 03:00 PM View Post #61 (Link)
MonaLon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 34
How long did it take Summer to adjust to life as a princess?

Big project: The Queen of Gosnter

Smaller project: Callback

"Stuff happened." --Something someone said at some point
Old 04-22-2014, 03:11 PM View Post #62 (Link)
Chrissy Noelle (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 5
"It took me three years." Summer laughs. "But, to be honest they were also one of the most terrifying years of my life." Summer's eyes become cloudy. "I kept getting terrible nightmares and visions about the wizard, Ostoroth, coming and killing my parents. But the real terror didn't come for another year or two..."

Dance as if no one is watching
Love as if you have never loved before
Sing as if no one can hear you
Live as if Heaven is on the Earth

-Unknown

I'm Chrissy Noelle (AKA THE CRAZY GUINEA PIG LADY),
SO Guinea Pigs ROCK!!!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:19 PM View Post #63 (Link)
ThatPsycho (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
How did summer defeat the evil wizard?
Old 04-29-2014, 04:09 PM View Post #64 (Link)
Chrissy Noelle (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

"We fought, of course." A chuckle escapes Summer's lips. "I had acquired a wand powerful enough to survive his attacks. But the real reason I had a chance was because I had strength from my fury towards him. He tortured me with visions, appearing now and then, and finally hurting my mother, the Queen."

Summer had an angry and sad face for a moment, but then it changes to a slight victorious face from the past.
"I cornered him on a balcony and killed him with no mercy, I was furious at what he had done. But, hopefully, I will not be so brutal towards my enemies next time, for I've learned that mercy is important in life, even to your enemies."

-Unknown

SO Guinea Pigs ROCK!!!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:42 PM View Post #65 (Link)
MonaLon (Offline)
Global Moderator

How knowledgeable is Summer of the magic system?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:19 PM View Post #66 (Link)
Chrissy Noelle (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

"Not much," Summer laughs. "I know there are such things as wizards and fairies and things like that, but I've only encountered a fairy once. She was there to help me though, not curse me." Summer begins to frown. "Although, the time is near where I need to start protecting myself. Something terrible is coming. And it won't be fun and games." Summer starts thinking. "Maybe I can find a spell book in the library somewhere..."

-Unknown

SO Guinea Pigs ROCK!!!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 04:27 PM View Post #67 (Link) Job McCony
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
Job McCony is 30. He has been wandering the Milky Way Galaxy for some time now on his ship The Silver Phantom. Well, it's not really his ship, he kind of just took it from the hangar back on Asteroid 666, the galaxy's finest resort. Job quit his job as the clerk for Space Hotel, finally deciding to explore the cosmos as a "spacer." That old job took up most of his young adulthood and even though he had quite a few interesting escapades, he realized he needed to see the galaxy. He finds it hard to relate to most people and aliens though - his biggest secret that nobody else knows is that he's from the past - 2010 to be exact, and he's stuck in in the year 3107. He doesn't know if he'll ever go back or how - or if he even wants to. People often mistake him for an "antiquarian", which is someone who believes the styles and methods of the past are better than now.

(But for the sake of this exercise, ask as if you know already that he's from the past)

Last edited by ScottyMcGee; 05-13-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:48 PM View Post #68 (Link)
MonaLon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Has Job figured out the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

But seriously, how did he jump that far into the future?

Old 05-14-2014, 03:51 AM View Post #69 (Link)
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
Originally Posted by MonaLon View Post

But seriously, how did he jump that far into the future?
Job looks away for a moment thinking back to his fractured memories.

"I remember wanting to kill myself, so I went to a hotel to do it. It was called Moon Motel; a shit little place off the side of the road in New Jersey. The place was featured in Weird NJ as a memorable little roadside atraction. It lost its flavor over the years. I don't know why I chose that place. I could have chosen anywhere else, but I felt that was a good place."

He sighed and cleared his throat. "I didn't want to do it at home. Didn't want my mother to see me like that on the floor. But anyway. I last remember going there, driving up, getting a room. I fall asleep, sometime, somehow. I was ready to cut myself, but I can't quite remember if I actually did. I woke up and my eyes stung like a newborn baby. I thought I had blacked out from drinking instead. I found myself in a dark, damp room. My senses were blurred, my balance was off, everything felt fucked up. I still wore the same clothes I had in the hotel room. I stumbled through a door and found myself in chrome hallways - everywhere. I found out later I was on a spaceship - a starliner cruise to be exact. I screamed and ran around as I met aliens and people who spoke languages I didn't know. The captain took me in, figured I forgot my translator and gave me one. I slowly realized that somehow, someway, I had leapt through time."

Job got up to stretch his legs. Telling the story always needed blood flowing through him for the long talk. "Here's where it gets really weird. I tried to get myself comfortable in the future, which took a while. I learned that Earth is still around, so of course I jumped on the nearest shuttle to go there. My old hometown is still there but hardly populated. The whole visit was like going to the wake of an old friend you hadn't seen in ages. I went to Moon Motel to try and piece together what had happened - nothing. It's not there anymore. There's just a huge hole in the ground. Of course - a thousand years passed, people probably demolished it right?

"So I reached that dead-end and decided there was nothing else to do but to try and cope with the future. I ran into a little place called Space Hotel. It was the only place I could get a job at the time, and found it ironic that I started a new life in a kind of place I intended to end it. I worked there for a long time, and in those years I got a growing sense of deja vu. My boss showed me the basement, which was full of ancient records when people used to write. I spent time down there one day looking through stuff trying to feel at home. And then I found it - a faded picture of Moon Motel. I took it to my boss and asked him, just to see what he would say, where this place was.

"He looked at me funny, blinked twice and said, 'You're in it. That's what it was called when it was built on Earth.'"

Job stared into space. "There's something about that place. Nobody knows and nothing is recorded that seems to suggest it somehow traveled through time. It's a mystery I've yet to find out."

Last edited by ScottyMcGee; 05-16-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:31 PM View Post #70 (Link) Hopig to ressurect it
WordWizard (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 4
Ilana Sorenson is a smart high schooler and her best friends are Sandra and Austin. She ends up finding out she has a curse and eventually that she is immortal. She doesn't know yet with the point I'm at in the story.