Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 05-22-2013, 05:00 PM View Post #21 (Link)
moonlight (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 10
I knew it always! YAY! congo congo!

Frost.

My Blog! - http://teenspeakz.blogspot.in/
Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 AM View Post #22 (Link)
Julian (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 78
Originally Posted by shahd View Post
Congrats Dabs, you really deserve it. Same to the others bookworm, lostbookworm and Squint I'm sure you have it the next time
ORILY

Well, I'll be participating in next year's contest >D. Of course, there's more chances of me losing and whatnot, but >+D
Old 05-30-2013, 06:47 PM View Post #23 (Link) Couldn't Find the Winning Entry ("Vile" by Dabs)
Alyssa Miranda (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
Or those of the runners up, for that matter. Congratulations to all! Like many, I'm sure, I was eager to read the winning entries, but searched in vain to find them - they didn't turn up under the member portfolios or by using the search bar. Are there links to where they can be read?

Alyssa
(note to Squint - I can't automate my signature until I get a sufficient number of posts.)
Old 05-30-2013, 07:31 PM View Post #24 (Link)
bookworm (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 151
Originally Posted by Alyssa Miranda View Post
Like many, I'm sure, I was eager to read the winning entries, but searched in vain to find them - they didn't turn up under the member portfolios or by using the search bar. Are there links to where they can be read?
I don't know what everyone else submitted, but two of the poems (Shells and The Rain Gods, both edited) I sent off are posted on YWO, so they're in my portfolio but without any mention that they were entries to YWA.

Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I will check with the judges to make sure they have no qualms with releasing their comments to the YWO community.
Any news on this?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 PM View Post #25 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
Originally Posted by Alyssa Miranda View Post
Or those of the runners up, for that matter. Congratulations to all! Like many, I'm sure, I was eager to read the winning entries, but searched in vain to find them - they didn't turn up under the member portfolios or by using the search bar. Are there links to where they can be read?

Alyssa
(note to Squint - I can't automate my signature until I get a sufficient number of posts.)
Vile should be the third submission in my portfolio.

http://www.youngwritersonline.net/sh...ad.php?t=10960
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 PM View Post #26 (Link) Reply to Dabs re: "Vile"
Alyssa Miranda (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
Got it, read it and enjoyed it - thanks! For those still having trouble finding it I figured out what the problem was. Since the piece was posted in the "members only" section, you must be a member to access it (I was signed off when I looked for it previously, thus it didn't turn up, and won't for guests). As to the story itself, I have two general comments. First, for a short story to be successful (to me, at least), the action must begin immediately and be sustained throughout the piece, and the story passed this test. Secondly, although it can be subtle, the ending should have punch, much like the classic O' Henry stories ("The Gift of the Magi" came to mind when I finished the story), and it also passed this test. Along the lines of both comments I suggest you give it a catchier title, however - "Barter at the Red Dog" could be a possibility.

Alyssa