Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

View Poll Results: What do you think of the icon shop?
I MUST have it! No exceptions! 0 0%
I'll miss it, but you can remove it for those reasons. 8 47.06%
I won't miss it. 8 47.06%
Yes, PLEASE take it away! 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2008, 05:07 PM View Post #21 (Link)
Starry (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 28
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
No, because it happened both this morning and at lunch. I have Eastern Standard Time, so for instance it's about 5:40 here. Probably just blocked the site. :[ Curse those authoritarian censors. I wasn't doing anything objectionable on this site... save being an idiot and wasting time. ;
I don't think that it's the school servers, Guessed, because the blocking works on the county server level and I can still get on fine at school. (I love the way the blocking works, it just blocks the most-viewed non-educational sites-- though some people are really pissed now that it finally blocked fanfiction.net :] ) So something must have been screwed up that day, whether it was the server, the individual computer, the school's internet access...something like that.

Estara
Word Count: 49376/100000

~<3~
Old 06-01-2008, 05:22 PM View Post #22 (Link)
Guessed (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 16
It turns out YWO wasn't blocked - it really was the downtime that prevented me. So I can still get on at school. Sorry for my conspiratorial whinging.

Interesting that it's on a county level, though. They must send the link to the higher-ups to put it on the block list; I know they did that with /another/ site I would spend copious lengths of time on.
Click (There's cake. Really.)