Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 AM View Post #41 (Link)
writania3 (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
I start writing my works through brainstorming. First, thinking about what I wanted to write, the genre. In this way I am able to outline its introduction, the climax and its ending. You should also try to figure out what is really the thing you wanted to write. Outlining would be helpful to you. Below is a list of sites where they give you tips on how to make your plot. (Kindly just copy and paste the link in your browser. I am not yet able to use links on my post. THANK YOU!)

youngwritersonline.net
Short Stories: 10 Tips for Creative Writers
By Kathy Kennedy and Dennis G. Jerz

suite101.com
How to Create a Plot for a Novel
Plotting Has Five Basic Elements in Every Fiction Story

how-to-write-a-book-now.com
How To Create A Plot Outline In 8 Easy Steps
Old 08-19-2012, 11:20 PM View Post #42 (Link)
Starjack (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
Look at a picture and try to think of a story around it. I've developed tons of short story plots from browsing the Clip Art files.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:56 AM View Post #43 (Link)
Atomic (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
It might sound odd, but a lot of my ideas come from misinterpreting other people's ideas. For example, I see a trailer for a movie, the cover of a book, or read a misleading plot summary. These things might make me expect of one thing, but then whatever it is turns out being something entirely different. And then, bam, I have that old notion of what I initially thought leftover in my mind.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:44 AM View Post #44 (Link)
cynicrylle (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
take a movie, book, show or any story you don't like and alter the things dislike about it.
just don't make it too obvious on what you altered though.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 PM View Post #45 (Link)
BookSquirt (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 6
I take a sentence that someone near me just said and use that to start my story... It's really funny what I come up with!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 PM View Post #46 (Link) Best way to get ideas
Dizzy (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 2
Originally Posted by jordanisonfire View Post
Go for a walk. Especially if you're in the countryside. It helps a lot! Most of the ideas I've thought of I've got from walking around. As your walking, think of your story and ideas will come to fruition, hopefully.
Best time to get story or poem ideas, I swear. When you walk its giving your body something to do so your mind doesnt have to give it something to do, which frees your mind up to wander...I can think of a whole story, start to finish while I'm walking to or from school.