Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 04-07-2013, 05:09 PM View Post #1 (Link) Hello, Call Me Koroda!
Koroda (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
Greetings, fellow members of YWO. As you can see, I am new to this wonderful place, and I'm very excited to explore this forum more! So, this is my introduction.

Where Did My Name Come From?
I have always found this an interesting topic, so I will quickly tell this fun story! Back in... 2011 or so, I decided to start a book. This book was about my favorite animal, the coelacanth, a prehistoric fish that still exists today. I wanted to give her a good name, and me, being the random name picker that I was, picked Koroda. I soon realized that the first four letters of Koroda weren't a good idea, but I should keep that discussion out of this. Anywho, my character Koroda was French/African, and... Koroda was more Japanese. But, I loved the name anyway, and now I use Koroda for everything!

What Do I Like?
Ok, so this is going to be a list of all the things I, Koroda, loves. Here goes:
Coelacanth
Tardigrade (Google it and see its adorable ness)
Cats
Crocodiles
Snakes
Astronomy
Uranus
Ice Hockey
Softball
Navy Blue
Yellow
Black
Grey
Skyrim
WolfQuest

What Do I Not-So-Like?
Ok, be prepared for the things I dislike:
Football
Bright Green
Frogs/Toads
Blood (I have hemophobia, fear of blood)
Incorrect Science Lessons
Call of Duty

What Do I Do?
I bet you guys and girls are wondering what I do all day. No, maybe? Well, I'll tell you anyway.
School
Ice Hockey
Write
Read
Play Skyrim
Softball
Tang Soo Do karate
Play Zoo Tycoon 2

My Pets
I love my animal companions as much as the next person on the block. This is a brief description of each.

Oscar- a tan and white cat. He is the most adorable cat in the world, in my opinion! This cat is known for hunting mice.

Barnical- a fluffy white cat; Oscar's brother. His name is misspelled because his is named after his mother, Callie. This cat is afraid of everything, and has giant paws. This cat is known for hunting snakes.

Callie- a beautiful white cat. She's a very loyal "sister" and likes to go outside. She has white fur and blue eyes, but isn't deaf like other cats with white fur and blue eyes. She's known for hunting EVERYTHING! I saw her hunt a stick once.

Tyler- a large golden retriever. He is fully grown, but still eats everything like a puppy. How mature... Tyler loves my family, though. In fact, he sleeps in front of my bedroom door every night.

Patchouli- a brown and yellow Persian cat. She died from cancer in 2011. She was a very kind and quiet cat.

Bruin- only one year older than me, this brown and white Pekingese was a grumpy fellow. He died from suffocation at age 12, after he choked on his leash while unattended. It sent Tyler into a depression, I think. He and I were very good friends.

Well, that's about me. Sorry if it was too long, but, I love writing! I'm so glad to have joined such a great community! I can tell it will be great already!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 355
Welcome to YWO! It's always nice to meet other biology people. Is that something you've thought about studying?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:52 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Koroda (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Originally Posted by Isis View Post
Welcome to YWO! It's always nice to meet other biology people. Is that something you've thought about studying?
Though I am interested in biology, I am more of an astronomy person, and have always wanted to join NASA. And, thank you so much!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Derezzination (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 74
Originally Posted by Koroda View Post

What Do I Not-So-Like?
Call of Duty
I've never seen the fuss with CoD.

Welcome.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:33 AM View Post #5 (Link)
A23N (Offline)
Banned

Times Thanked: 8
you like uranus? i'm an ass person too.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 AM View Post #6 (Link)
shahd (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
Hi Koroda nice meeting you seem interesting, me too I like Yellow nice. See you soon

“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
Old 04-08-2013, 12:55 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Faust (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 18
Welcome Koroda! I'm a fan of The Elder Scrolls series too. Also, don't mind A23n, he's an idiot.
Of course it is. It's resourceful. It is my inside demon after all."
-Skullduggery Pleasent.

I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have the recipe for grandeur

My ywo family
Ji- Wifey. I shall be yours for ever and not even Emma Waton can compare
Emma- Daughter.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:10 PM View Post #8 (Link)
Squint (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 87
Originally Posted by Derezzination View Post
I've never seen the fuss with CoD.
You get to fight Nazi zombies. NAZI ZOMBIES.

Welcome, person who seems to be very very very interested in animals. It's up to you if you want to misconstrue that previous statement.
Oh, and you play softball? *coughlesbiancough* What position? I was always stuck on first base. But as a batter, I still got homeruns. Teehee.
I like giving crits
VM me if you want one
Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 PM View Post #9 (Link)
Derezzination (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 74
Originally Posted by Squint View Post
I was always stuck on first base. But as a batter, I still got homeruns. Teehee.
Double entendre.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM View Post #10 (Link)
Caitlin40 (Offline)
Banned

To know the etymology of the name does carry some kind of importance. Such a background shows that you respect the decision of your parents to name so. Moreover, it's rather exciting, as well.