Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 05-21-2009, 06:10 AM View Post #11 (Link) Alone
Nee~Nee (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
As I am walking across the sand, I look up and notice the sun is setting. Every time I see the sunset, it amazes me. Only because it seems as if the sun is joining with the Earth. I guess that is why I take a walk along the beach everyday around this time, just to see the sun as it disappears for the day.

I continue to walk along the shoreline. Alone. Like always I am by myself. No companion to share this beautiful sight with. Just alone.

I look up to the sky and ask, "Is it always going to be like this?" I ask this question as if someone is actually listening.

When I reached the end of the beach I look up and see two people standing on this huge mountain like rock. It is not mistaken that they are a couple. I could not help but envy. I just let out a sigh as I turn back around and head back to the hotel where I was staying. Alone.

Sorry. . It would let me posted a picture.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:03 PM View Post #12 (Link)
Fiction (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 13
The sleek-torpedo-like body rears and propels herself up, up, up...

An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise.
Victor Hugo
Old 08-01-2009, 10:17 AM View Post #13 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Location: Not sure... but it's dark and hot and smells of...burning...
Times Thanked: 33
Right! I'm kick starting this again. It was a good exercise, and I like it.

And....go! xP
Old 08-01-2009, 10:33 AM View Post #14 (Link)
Zombified (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 126
The Monkey Man sat atop the stone seating and crossed his arms. Estelle danced in the rain, letting the falling drops land upon her shape. She smiled and laughed, her clothes getting wetter and wetter in the downpour.
The Monkey Man just watched.
Phil was standing a few feet away from Estelle, watching with obvious desire. He wondered what he should say to her.
You look nice? No. That wouldn’t do.
He looked over at the Monkey Man.
The Monkey Man looked back.
Phil looked at Estelle.
She started singing in the rain. A song of birds and bees. A song of life and love.
Then the lightning struck. A deafening cackle in the pelting rain. The clouds shuffled above, pushing and fighting against one another. The rain faded away, slowly and quietly, as if it never was there in the first place.
All was still in the park, including the people.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:24 PM View Post #15 (Link)
Fiction (Offline)
Literary Artist

Her nails, bent and bloody, scrabbled against the facetious inner upholstery. Then, with a loud thunk, the latch was pried loose. With a shove, she opened the casket. Her face, mouldering slightly, was creased with terrible days of struggle...

Victor Hugo
Old 08-02-2009, 10:57 AM View Post #16 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

"Argh, God!" Stella sighed with raw exasperation, tugging at the defiant pantyhose.
Dammit! Why do I have to dress up anyway?! Damn graduation ceremony!
Annoyed, frustrated and just plain tired, she slumped on the ground, spreading out on the lush, carpeted floor.
She "hmmphed" to herself.
It was Silvia's graduation night - the night she would leave school behind, possibly forever - she still didn't want to go to university, a fact that galled Stella to no end. Why, Stella had asked her once, would you want to spend your days doing doldrum work for a minimal wage, when you have the brains to go on to better things? But Silvia was Silvia, and would do things her way. No one would be able to do a thing about it: trying to oppose Silvia was about as effective as using your hands to make a tunnel in a rock. She was stubborn, and that was a fact.
Stella heard footsteps creep up the stairs, the sound of them like soft 'whumps' as her ear lay against the soft carpet of her room.
They stopped abruptly. Then:
"Stella! Oh God! Stella!!!"
In a heartbeat, her husband had knelt beside her, his long fingers already at her wrist, checking for a pulse.
She looked at him, her frown quickly wearing through to an amused smile. "Yes, Paul?"
He just stared at her for a moment. "Oh. Oh. I see." He lifted an eyebrow at her. "You scared me so. What are you doing on the floor?"
She pointed at her pantyhose. "I'm sick to death of these things, Paul. Do I have to wear them?"
Paul merely laughed. "Yes. And you're going to thank me for making you wear them, love. Now hurry up. Time is our enemy."
"Like any women over the age of forty doesn't know that..." Stella muttered to herself as Paul helped her to her feet.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:31 PM View Post #17 (Link)
Fiction (Offline)
Literary Artist

Without much thought, Bill plucked a mushroom from the ring. He wasn't supposed to be here, no, but the fungus looked perfect. It was in season, and it would simply go to waste if the Lady of the house had someone pull it and dispose of it.
He pulled a few mushrooms, and then, without much warning, he sank waist-deep into the grass. A wild, white-robed figure appeared before him, pointing ominously.
"You have desecrated the fairy ring!" she screamed, and with that, Bill plunged under the earth...

http://www.shadowmillproductions.com...well-alien.jpg

Sorry about the link, it wouldn't attach properly.

Victor Hugo
Old 08-12-2009, 03:11 AM View Post #18 (Link)
Banana (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
"Bloody hell Ryan!" Maya exclaimed. "I told you not to set it on high!"
He examined the gun in his hand with mild curiosity. "I had assumed that the default setting was low."
Maya did not look amused. "Great, now what do you suggest we do? We were supposed to bring the scientists a live specimen. Not a pot roast."
For one horrible second, Ryan pictured himself eating the dead alien by his feet. He suppressed a shudder. "Well, we could just scrape the burnt bits off and see if it's still worth something."
Maya replaced the energy packet in her laser shooter with a little more force then necessary. "There's not much we can do," she said, as if Ryan hadn't said anything at all. That was her usual response to anything he said that wasn't realistic. "So just wrap it up so we can take it to the lab."
She raised one perfect eyebrow when Ryan remained unmoved.
"It's your turn," he reminded her.
She laughed without humour. "Dream on Ryan. You're the one who made it nastier then it needs to be. You're wrapping it." And she tossed her long blonde braid over her shoulder and walked passed him without another word.
Admitting defeat, Ryan bent down and examined the alien. It was a particularly ugly one, with it's charred skin and exposed flesh, and it certainly didn't help with the nauseating fumes already hanging around the place. It’s abnormally large eyes were closed, and Ryan knew that the last image its eyes ever registered was himself. He would have pitied the thing, if it hadn't tried to kill him moments ago.
Wrinkling his nose, Ryan pulled out the plastic wrapping out of his backpack.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:52 AM View Post #19 (Link)
Fiction (Offline)
Literary Artist

Signithia waited, alone, her makeup running. She watched the black coattails disappear into the distance, along with another pale white dress.
Whatever her dress was supposed to mean, purity or whatever, was completely untrue. She wasn't pure. At least she wouldn't be for long.
"Love you, dearie," she murmured, smiling to herself. She fingered the letter-opener, slipped it under her garter, and walked out the door.

http://ti.arc.nasa.gov/m/profile/gundy/floyd/walk.gif

Victor Hugo
Old 08-18-2009, 12:43 PM View Post #20 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

"I'll jump!"
Matty turned around in his seat, a disparaging look smeared across his face. "James. Don't be a dick. Get back in your seat."
"Make me!" James retorted, fearlessly, if a little immaturely.
His feet tingled beneath him, his balance shifting from side to side.
He swallowed. If this didn't work...he was screwed, in a big way.
"I swear to God, Matt. If you don't dump her, I'm totally jumping."
Annoyance and disbelief played across Matt's features. "Why are you so set against me marrying Josie?"
"Maybe because she's a gold-digger?"
"Maybe because you've got latent homosexual tendencies?" Matty jibed, an eyebrow raised.
Ignoring the scenery whirling around him, James turned back to him, sarcasm weighing heavily on his brow. "Oh no. You've figured me out. I guess this means no more group showers, right?"
"Screw off, James."
"No, you screw off, man. I was your best friend until that cow came along."
"And you still are. Oh, yes. I can see the huge amount of change right there."
"Whatever, man. You either dump her, or I'm definitely taking that plunge."
I'm not really going to do this, right?
"No chance, man. I'm not letting this one go. Now, sit back in your seat."
"Well, man. Thanks for that. I'll just be going then."
His heartbeat racing in his ears, his foot, almost of its own will, strayed beyond the relative safety of the solid metal wing.