Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 07-25-2017, 07:20 PM View Post #1 (Link) Writing Advice
WriterGirl5192 (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
Hello! I am new to this website, and I am so excited to be here. Anyways, I'm writing a book about 4 kids with the powers of the elements (fire, water, etc.) called Lost Magic. However, I'm having some trouble with a few of the details. In the first chapter, the 4 main characters are in a plane crash, and end up on an island. I want the characters to be alone on the plane (except for maybe one advisor), but I'm not really sure how I'd get them to be on a plane together, alone. Also, they can't have met already, because the 4 mains meeting for the first time is a big part of the story. So, do you guys have any ideas for what I could do?

Thanks, and have a great day!
Old 08-25-2017, 03:01 PM View Post #2 (Link)
SKritorre (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 6
What if they were new inhabitants of a remote island and had to get a plane to school every day? This happens in the Orkneys (and elsewhere presumably) when the island isn't big enough to have a school on it so the kids on the small islands have to get a plane to the mainland in order to get to school. If they were all new to the island then they wouldn't necessarily know each other.
Hope that helps
SK
Old 11-10-2017, 05:38 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Rose (Offline)
Crit Trash Collector

Times Thanked: 454
Each one could be like finalists for some competition, or perhaps they have participated in something in their state that got them picked out to represent their country in some international event that takes place elsewhere. And that would explain a smaller plane where they are the only passengers with an advisor on board. I didn't put much thought into phrasing this so apologies if it sounds awkwardly phrased, but I hope you know what I mean.