Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 PM View Post #1 (Link) Fire Bane Pack- Clawfire and Ethereal-Catalyst
Ethereal-Catalyst (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 0
Run, run, run, little wolf, a deep, disturbing voice echoed in Denali's head. As a werewolf, she could hear broad-casted thoughts from the wolves of the other packs and, in general, all of the thoughts from the wolves in her own pack. Her heart pounded frantically in her chest, the smell of fear coming off of her in sickeningly thick layers. She wanted to scream, but there was nobody to scream to. Her family and friends were fighting for their lives against their greatest rivals. I'm getting closer, the wolf mocked her and she craned her neck back for a moment. For a moment she saw nothing, but a massive black and grey wolf shout out of the dark woods. Her breathing hitched in fear and she scrambled for more speed. Someone help me! Denali screamed mentally. Her call was answered by her eldest sister, Monica, who was covered in blood and gore. She seemingly flew out of nowhere, tackling the larger male in a flurry of limbs and snapping teeth. Denali did not stop, fear driving her on as she began to tire many miles later. A keening wail had come upon her pack, the sign that her Alpha had died, the pack disbanded completely. With a breathy whine Denali collapsed, her ten year old pup body not strong enough to go any farther. With that the sun dipped below the horizon, sealing her body in darkness...

Spoiler:
Name: Denali Hindryn
Sex: Female
Living family: None
Crush: None
Mate: None
Pups: None
Any other info: Ehhh
Appearance(s):

You 're always looking back running from the past
You 're always sweating me about the next big heart attack
You 're looking over your shoulder
Staring down the path
I'm falling down
falling down, falling down.

It's in your head
All the voices mistaken
Shake it off shake it off
We're all dying in the end

Falling Down- Atreyu
Old 03-09-2012, 12:36 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Clawfire (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 13
Faolan fled, racing through the trees. His pack was fighting for their lives. Even as he watched, flames spread their fiery hand and pierced the hearts of all beings. Sparks flashed against the night sky, brighter than even the stars, yet nothing was bright about this night. Faolan kept on running, running like he had never run before. Why me? He thought as he flew along the forest floor, fleeing from what had been his home for longer than he could remember. He was tired, he hadn't slept that whole night, and yet he kept running, knowing that if he stopped, the dark shadows of the night would devour him. He kept on running, running for his life, for his freedom, for his future. He ran for his pack's survival, for their bloodline. He ran, and ran, and ran, the darkness stretching out before him, until all that could be seen was an 11 year old pup, running through the night, a shadow in a world of dark and light...

Spoiler:

Name: Faolan Tylfon
Sex: Male
Living family: None
Crush: None
Mate: None
Pups: None
Any other info: None
Appearance(s):

non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like
a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

stuff.
- The Doctor (David Tennant)
Old 03-09-2012, 11:55 AM View Post #3 (Link)
Abstract Thinker

Denali awoke with a start, her head whipping around to look at her surroundings. The smell of smoke clogged her nose, but it was weak enough that she knew it was far away. Another scent raised her hackles: enemy. How were they still alive? Even when they had exterminated each other, they still came after her! With a growl that lacked the fierceness of an adult, she rammed her way through the bushes and pounced upon another pup...her age. Again she growled and bit his neck, anger coursing through her small body. Kill, kill, kill, her mine broadcasted loudly. She had lost everything because of his pack! You, and all those like you will pay for the pain of my family! she told him, attempting to get ahold of the jugular, but having jaws almost too small to reach it with.

Staring down the path
I'm falling down

It's in your head
All the voices mistaken

Falling Down- Atreyu

Last edited by Ethereal-Catalyst; 03-09-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Reason: Just to add more information
Old 03-09-2012, 09:05 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Clawfire (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Faolan gave a shriek of surprise and twisted in his captors grasp until he came free. You, and all those like you will pay for the pain of my family! ran through his mind and he winced at the harshness of the words. What do you want from me? My whole pack DIED because of your pack, yet I am not holding any grudges against you, am I? Faolan replied calmly, on the verge of a snarl yet able to keep a straight face.

stuff.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Abstract Thinker

Your pack attacked mine! Denali shrieked at him, her entire frame shuddering with both anger and extreme sorrow. Fear yesterday had prevented her from crying, but there was nothing holding her back today. She sat back on her haunches, tears running down her small face. She turned tail and fled, knowing how weak she looked to her enemy. He would probably laugh at her as though she was nothing, just another weak obstacle in his plan for conquest. That's how she was taught in her own pack, at least. The enemy always thought they were bigger, badder, and tougher than everyone else.

Staring down the path
I'm falling down

It's in your head
All the voices mistaken

Falling Down- Atreyu
Old 03-10-2012, 10:28 PM View Post #6 (Link)
Clawfire (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Faolan raced after the cub and leapt out in front of her, blocking her path.
"You OK? You're the first werewolf pup, not to mention werewolf, I've seen since the battle. I'm not about to kill you and be lonely again," Faolan asked aloud, slightly amused yet genuinely worried for the other pup, "My name's Faolan. What about you?"

stuff.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:15 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Abstract Thinker

Denali flashed her teeth at him, looking around for a way to get away from him but meekly resigning herself to talking to him. "I'm fine," she said, the tone of her words clipped and carefully controlled, "and the name's Denali. Denali Hyndrin." She wondered a bit whether he would know her last name, with her parents being the Betas and all. That was the only advantage she ever saw in being both wolf and human: anyone could have pups. In a natural wolf pack, only the Alpha pair could ever have a pup. It assured that the pack lived. "So what do you propose we do, oh mighty Faolan of no pack? We're loners now. And unless we assimilate into humanity, we're toast. We'll get picked off by any of the surrounding packs once they move in for this land, which you know they will," she told him evenly.

Staring down the path
I'm falling down

It's in your head
All the voices mistaken

Falling Down- Atreyu
Old 03-11-2012, 12:29 AM View Post #8 (Link)
Clawfire (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Faolan's eyes widened as he heard Denali's last name. The Betas pup! He was talking to a high-ranking pup! He himself was the product of a rare relationship between an omega and a subordinate, making him one of the lowest in the pack.
"Denali, pup of the Betas of your pack, I would suggest we run away from here, find a place that isn't tainted by the blood of our packs, somewhere we can live without anyone hunting us down or killing us. However, I will follow your decision, for I am only the son of a Subordinate and an Omega, the lowest of the low, while you are daughter of the Betas, second only to the Alphas," he replied, trying to sound respectful, yet he was extremely curious to know more about this high ranking pup who was as mysterious as the Dark Forest.

stuff.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:13 PM View Post #9 (Link)
Abstract Thinker

"You aren't an Omega, nor are you a Subordinate. You may act like one, but there sure as heck isn't an ounce of submissive in you. Control, yes. But my subordinate, no. As much as I hate to say it...Well you're my equal," Denali admitted bitterly. She could sense when there was a submissive around because they felt protected by the rest of the pack. He felt stronger, like there was something inside of him that screamed Dominant! Her brother had been Omega, and he'd been beaten up multiple times during just a pup fight. He couldn't raise a paw if he tried! "Just because you were ranked as one in your old pack doesn't mean you're low now. You're as equal as me. We're both loners now... And I agree with you. We do need to leave," she said unhappily.

Staring down the path
I'm falling down

It's in your head
All the voices mistaken

Falling Down- Atreyu
Old 03-13-2012, 09:14 AM View Post #10 (Link)
Clawfire (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Faolan shuddered as he remembered his days when he was younger, but he soon scolded himself for letting memories get to him. His old scar, running down his left hind leg, itched and he almost leant back to scratch it, but he stopped himself and looked at the younger pup.
"Even the Dark Forest sounds better than here." Faolan replied and stretched himself up, allowing the moon to shine on his back.

stuff.