Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 04-04-2015, 02:59 AM View Post #1 (Link) Eulogy to Math
The Enchanted Muggle (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 20
We had our run, Math, or as my British friends call you, Maths, and Iím really glad that you taught me for many years from Lower Primary to High School, but my brain wasnít built to understand numbers and equations. It just wasnít. Geometryís the only thing that I like about you mainly because itís not entirely numeric. It has shapes, and I like learning about shapes and the names of the different kinds of shapes and lines and points.

Yes, I did take Statistics in my second or third year of college, but in my defense, Statistics didnít have you entirely in it, and we were allowed to use our calculators on the quizzes, tests, and exams.

I havenít taken a Math class since, and I donít see myself taking a Math class anytime soon or dealing with hard numbers and equations, and while Iíll regret it one day when my own children ask for help on their Math homework, Iím relieved about not having to do anything with Math.

Remember my Math tutor Mr. Lai in Hong Kong? He used to always jokingly tell me how you are everywhere, in art, in writing, and even in learning Spanish in an attempt to get me more interested. I always rolled my eyes at him, but maybe heís right to an extent? I know that youíd say so.

Originally Posted by sbenzing
Wow. So youre a Korean girl who grew up in Hong Kong, lives in the United States now and is studying Spanish in college? You know that's crazy right?
Jisun: I feel like I'm writing some Twilight shit.
Kanen: Ji, I feel like that all the time.
Kanen: The difference is,
Kanen: this is only your first draft.
Kanen: for her, it was her last.
PUBLISHED BOOK FOR KINDLE
Old 04-04-2015, 03:11 AM View Post #2 (Link) Ok
Softballgirl333 (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 6
We had our run, Math, or as my British friends call you, Maths, and Iím really glad that you taught me for many years from Lower Primary to High School, but my brain wasnít built to understand numbers and equations. It just wasnít. this is a big run on sentence, try to eliminate these when it comes to writing.Geometryís the only thing that I like about you mainly because itís not entirely numeric. It has shapes, and I like learning about shapes and the names of the different kinds of shapes and lines and points. in this sentence you use and too many times. So try to make it two sentences or use other words than and

Yes, I did take Statistics in my second or third year of college, but in my defense, Statistics didnít have you entirely in it, and we were allowed to use our calculators on the quizzes, tests, and exams.

I havenít taken a Math class since, and I donít see myself taking a Math class anytime soon or dealing with hard numbers and equations, and while Iíll regret it one day when my own children ask for help on their Math homework, Iím relieved about not having to do anything with Math.
Again these two paragraph above this are run on sentences

Remember my Math tutor Mr. Lai in Hong Kong? He used to always jokingly tell me how you are everywhere, in art, in writing, and even in learning Spanish in an attempt to get me more interested. I always rolled my eyes at him, but maybe heís right to an extent? I know that youíd say so.
the wrap up of this is kinda confusing, who are you asking about your math tutor? And the last sentence I know that you'd say so. That confuses me too. So too wrap this critique up I would use as many run on sentences and be clearer in your final paragraph.

~Anonymous~