Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 07-24-2008, 07:07 PM View Post #1 (Link) Merchandise Stuff
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Times Thanked: 99
Okay, since we're getting a new store soon, this thread will be for discussing store things. I can't think of a more interesting way to put it.

First matter of discussion: Colored shirts with logos on them. Assuming we had a white/gray-text logo - what should the background be? Shaun wants the logo to be on a blue rectangle background (like the blue style) - with the rest of the shirt being a different color (white, red, green, whatever).

I just think the shirt's color should be the same all the way around, even under the logo.

Shaun and I can't agree on this, so: your opinions?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:11 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Phantom (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 13
I think the same color.. It would look stupid... Maybe, mugs or cups of some sort... I would drink out of one...
You
Didn't
Wish
Something
Old 07-24-2008, 07:24 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Ooh, good point. It might look good on a mug!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Phantom (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 13
I know I'm amazing, another thing would be personal planners and maybe pens. Hats, too, baseball caps.
You
Didn't
Wish
Something
Old 07-24-2008, 08:10 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Midnight_Moon (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 31
Hey, that is such a cool idea. Say, have you heard of cafepress.com? It a place were you can make your own logos and stuff and sell them on tons of different things. I don't exactly know how it works but Pibs said that you can do it.

I would totally buy something!
We will all be stars

-"I Sing The Body Electric"
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 PM View Post #6 (Link)
jordanisonfire (Offline)
Master of English

Times Thanked: 97
OKAY, STOP RIGHT THERE!

Sorry for the outburst, but I want this post to be noticed. No-one is going to walk around with boring shirts like this. You gotta liven it up a bit. Make shirts with snappy phrases that relate to writing. For example, satirical jokes on cliches, bragging that the person wearing the shirt understands big words etc.

THAT'S the kind of stuff you should be aiming for. Also, seeing as doing this wouldn't help the site, do what all sites that are selling merchandise do: put the site address underneath the logo, phrase etc.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Nyx (Offline)
Wordsmith

Times Thanked: 142
Ok, I'm with Jordan.To be honest, I wouldn't buy anything with the just the site logo on it. I think we should have a contest for either sayings for merchandise or artwork thats YWO related
What I don't like about this site is that there isn't enough social drama.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 PM View Post #8 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
OKAY, STOP RIGHT THERE!

Sorry for the outburst, but I want this post to be noticed. No-one is going to walk around with boring shirts like this. You gotta liven it up a bit. Make shirts with snappy phrases that relate to writing. For example, satirical jokes on cliches, bragging that the person wearing the shirt understands big words etc.

THAT'S the kind of stuff you should be aiming for. Also, seeing as doing this wouldn't help the site, do what all sites that are selling merchandise do: put the site address underneath the logo, phrase etc.
Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
Ok, I'm with Jordan.To be honest, I wouldn't buy anything with the just the site logo on it. I think we should have a contest for either sayings for merchandise or artwork thats YWO related
Oh, believe, me, we're definitely going to be doing phrases. The issue was the background behind the logo (and possibly the phrase).

Wasn't there a thread for phrase suggestions somewhere?

EDIT: Nevermind, that was an old thread. You'll probably see one for merchandise phrases soon.

Midnight_Moon: We're going to use Zazzle for our store. It offers more flexibility (unlimited types of shirts, for example) than Cafepress. Unfortunately, though, it does not sell notebooks or the like. And the only kind of book Cafepress sells are small journals.

Last edited by Andy; 07-24-2008 at 08:58 PM.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:58 PM View Post #9 (Link)
jordanisonfire (Offline)
Master of English

Times Thanked: 97
Just keeping you in check, dude. I don't want you to waste your money on something people aren't gonna buy.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 PM View Post #10 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Shadow, the site's funding is at stake. Believe me, we intend to make stuff people are going to buy.