Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 10-16-2007, 09:00 PM View Post #1 (Link) Friends List, Crit Reminders
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Times Thanked: 99
Two relatively small features were added today. The first is a Critique Reminder. In your UserCP, choose Edit Options. Near the top is a large text box where you can type in reminders, like the URL of a poem you need to critique, or something else. Whenever you access your UserCP, the reminders will appear below the navigation bar and above the subscriptions.

Also, you now have the ability to display all your buddies on your profile. In Edit Options, scroll all the way down to the bottom and Enable Buddy Display. Keep in mind, both you and the other person must mark each other as buddies to appear in each other's profiles. You cannot simply add 100 people and have them show up.

To add someone as your Buddy, click their name when you see it in the forums, and choose "Add XXX to your Buddy List." You can also choose the same option on that person's profile, by clicking the link under their avatar. Have fun!

EDIT: As of June 2007, the Critique Reminder has been replaced by the Personal Notepad, and the Buddy List has been replaced by the Friends/Contacts List.

Last edited by Andy; 06-22-2008 at 09:03 PM.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Carraka (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 121
I normally post my critique reminders on those desktop sticky-notes, but this UserCP one will come in handy if I'm not on my own computer.

-enables Buddy Display-

You friended me? o.O I guess I'll go add everyone else to see if other people friended me too. Not. Then again, that might be a good idea .... Besides having them show up on your profile, are there any other real benefits of friending people?

My mother is a fish.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

It's not really for any benefits. Except it's easier to find their profile. And it fosters a sense of community. Awww....

Old 10-21-2007, 03:29 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Quietus (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 7
Is there anyway to move the input box for the crit reminder? I kinda find it annoying to have to edit my options just to add/remove a crit reminder... If not, then it's all cool, still an awesome feature
Old 10-21-2007, 05:48 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Well, that's the default way the forum uses text boxes you can modify. It might be possible to do it somewhere else, but it would require a lot of coding from scratch.

What other location did you have in mind?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:38 PM View Post #6 (Link)
Quietus (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 7
could it be moved to it's own section, like Signature and those other thing? If it's too much work, don't worry about it.