We are going to play a cat and a mouse,
And I do hope it goes without saying
You'll have to pay cash for this playing."

"Yes," murmured the poet obediently,
And ran out the tavern immediately;
The girl laughed and said "Dear,
He even forgot to buy me some beer."
Dabs
"I believe we stand together to address the real issues facing this country, not allow them to divide us by race or where we come from. Let's create an America that works for all of us, not the handful on top." Senator B.Sanders
Old 11-01-2017, 06:49 PM View Post #2 (Link) Review
itsbabyface (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
I enjoyed this poem. At first I was skeptical because the wording was unorthodox, but I found myself quickly adjusting to its rhythm and it grew on me. It's unique, in the way that the dialogue is formatted and all the implied emotions and feelings throughout the poem are there. Some of the grammar needs to be brushed up a bit, or rather, some of the wording, especially in the intro. The first stanza starts off rocky, but as I read on the poem became more and more clever, astute, and entertaining. Try to avoid words like "kinda", I think that is what threw me off the most, but other than that, it's brilliant. You may want to brush it up a bit, and soon enough it'll be right as rain!

Final review:
A comical and honest poem on a young man's coming of age and innocent curiosity toward the world and all its wickedness..
Old 11-01-2017, 06:55 PM View Post #3 (Link)
itsbabyface (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
Originally Posted by itsbabyface View Post
"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then. I contradict myself; I am large--I contain multitudes." -Walt Whitman

I enjoyed this poem. At first I was skeptical because the wording was unorthodox, but I found myself quickly adjusting to its rhythm and it grew on me. It's unique, in the way that the dialogue is formatted and all the implied emotions and feelings throughout the poem are there. Some of the grammar needs to be brushed up a bit, or rather, some of the wording, especially in the intro. The first stanza starts off rocky, but as I read on the poem became more and more clever, astute, and entertaining. Try to avoid words like "kinda", I think that is what threw me off the most, but other than that, it's brilliant. You may want to brush it up a bit, and soon enough it'll be right as rain!

Final review:
A comical and honest poem on a young man's coming of age and innocent curiosity toward the world and all its wickedness..
"We can destory what we have written but not unwrite it." -Anthony Burgess