Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 03-03-2017, 03:44 PM View Post #1 (Link) Experiencing Cyber Bullying
DestinyVamp (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
A lot of cyber bullying takes place through Facebook I have noticed and I hadn't taken the topic very seriously before I actually became a victim of it. I am dealing with it very cool-headedly and the bully only claims to have any inappropriate images of mine (he or she can not have them as I did not have any pictures posted that could be edited).
So it goes like this, I return from the school log into my Facebook account and see this person who is in my friendslist and who also belongs to my school had left a messages for me, when I open it, there has been a conversation going on. I panic inwardly, I read the messages and they happen to be inappropriate questions answered by my account and then she is telling me to send her nudes or she would leak a screenshot of the conversation. I block her but there are people, some from my friendslist and some others messaging me with a screenshot.
I delete the account and now am sitting here writing this new thread but it honestly bothers me what Facebook had to offer as help. The report option is useless and I filled the the form that is for acknowledging the management about such issues twice and there was no response what so ever.
Is Internet seriously concerned about cyber-bullying and is social media seriously safe?
I am so irritated right now.
I can be by myself because I'm never lonely; I'm simply alone, living in my heavily populated solitude, a harum-scarum of infinity and eternity, and Infinity and Eternity seem to take a liking to the likes of me.
― Bohumil Hrabal, Too Loud a Solitude
Old 04-21-2017, 11:29 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Charlotte S (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 4
Gosh. I'm really sorry that you are going through this. Have you told your parents. They could probably do the most to help. I'm really sorry. If you need to talk I'm here. I know what bullying feels like.
Remember, you're amazing no matter what!!

Also, if you want me to critique some of your writing VM or PM me.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:28 AM View Post #3 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Location: Not sure... but it's dark and hot and smells of...burning...
Times Thanked: 33
Whoa! I'm so sorry you're going through this. This sucks. People are honestly the worst sometimes. Personally speaking (and by no means qualified advice), I'd be turning the story around by publicly posting a snapshot of the conversation along with your side of the story, letting people know that someone had hacked your account to respond & calling out the douchebag who was threatening to leak the snapshots in the first place, because that's just all kinds of wrong & she ought to be publicly shamed for that kind of behaviour. But, of course, that's me, with all the benefits that being out of high school brings. This is what my cousin did when two dickbags were harassing her and, though Facebook was quick to take down those snapshots, at least we were all able to rally to her side, to support her.

I agree with you that Facebook really ought to have more intense punishments for this kind of BS. Hang in there. I think you'll find that most people on this forum know what it's like to feel persecuted. Most of us have been victims of bullying at one point or another. We're a community that's here for you, so let us know if you need us. <3 I'm not on here as often as I'd like, but I'm here for you, if you need to chat.

To those on your friend list sending you these screenshots, tell them what actually happened. Remind them that friends don't let friends be cyber-bullied, let alone participate in the bullying. If they're still being judgmental little d-bags after that, tell them to go watch "13 Reasons" or something & chalk it up to experience - they clearly weren't your friend in the first place, so don't waste time or tears on them. Mourn the loss of that relationship and start moving on. You can't help it if people are determined to think poorly of you, unfortunately, but by God, you can make sure those around you aren't of that mindset. Cut them off and leave them to rot.

Unfortunately, nothing helps the pain & trauma of bullying but hugs, so go ahead and indulge in as many as you can find. Sometimes being held is really the only way to cope. <3 Sending all of the virtual hugs you can handle, man. <3 Thankfully, this too must pass. Hang in there, gather your tribe & march on, girl. <3 You've got this.

Last edited by miss_smiley; 04-23-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:52 PM View Post #4 (Link) Re: Experiencing Cyber Bullying
TommyWilliams (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
I have never experienced one but would like to haha. Sounds awful