Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 10-17-2016, 08:47 PM View Post #1 (Link) Zombies!
Ruby Dawn (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
I wrote this for a competition and didn't get that far. I'm open to criticism, but try not to be too harsh.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The grave churned and dirt spluttered out like a zombie eating vegetables. The scientist screamed, dropping the potion on the other graves. Only four unkept stones stood on the hill, each a name and face engraved. Suddenly four rotting hands burst from the ground. It was so scary Dr Frankenstein jumped out from nowhere and screamed, “IT’S ALIVE!” before being chased away by his own monster. The first Zombie, Steve, had a top hat and monocle. The second, Larry, had an afro and those star shaped glasses. The third, Bill, looked like the strong man in a circus, and lastly Laurence, he had eyes that look in the opposite direction to each other and his hair looked like it had been cut by a 3 year old!
All four zombies groaned, then, the first spoke, “G’day sir…” Dr what’s-his-name screamed (again) and fled from the creatures. “Forget it!” Bill put his hand on Steve’s shoulder. “Duu,” groaned Laurence lunging at Frankenstein’s monster sending him running down the hill like his creator. Laurence nodded proudly, making a whistling noise as the wind wisped through his empty head.
“What are we doing here, anyway?” asked Larry his baggy 80s disco clothes flapped in the wind. “I don’t know,” admitted Bill, “One minute I'm wrestling, the next I'm green and smell of decomposition!” Steve had a suggestion, “Why don’t we explore?” They didn't need to be told twice! “Ruce moo!!” exclaimed Laurence. “Do you mean race you?” Bill frowned, Laurence had already gone. “He really has no brain!” mumbled Steve. “Well I guess you could say that decision was a no brainer” quipped Larry, “Guys? GUYS?” he too began to skid down the slippery path but his foot came off and carried on running without him.
“I hungry,” whined Laurence..
“Ha-ha very funny - ZOMBIES STILL DON’T EXIST!” came a voice from the dense woods. “Oh yes, they do,” a click sounded like a crossbow being loaded. “Dad, aren't wooden stakes for vampires? Not zombies,” said an even younger sounding voice. The zombies knew what to do.
“Brains, brains, BRAINS,” they chanted. The humans squealed like baby pigs and dived for a stone shelter known to be their home. Bill kicked down the door and soon they were feasting. “Mmmm this is nice,” spat Larry looking at the bones on the floor. “Hoomun gud!” agreed Laurence. The humans smiled, “As long as you like it,” the zombies were sitting in the families house eating meat from the fridge. When they began to leave, black sparks began flying off them. “What’s going o-o-on?” stuttered the eldest son.
Steve had a simple answer, “Our time is up. . .” With that they burst into black and red sparks, returning to their graves and well, resting in peace. “CUT!” thundered a director. A green screen was wheeled away and the ‘zombies’ rubbed off green makeup. “Ah finally - we almost ran out of ti-"
THE END!
Old 10-19-2016, 07:36 PM View Post #2 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Ruby Dawn (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
amazing story!!! although you could describe the zombies a little more not being rude
Thanks, I'm still working on it, but I'll take it on board.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:58 PM View Post #3 (Link)
CookiesWillTakeOver (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
lol hi ruby good story