Members List

Writing Forum
Recent Posts
Critique Guidelines

YWO Social Groups

Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository (US) (UK) (Canada)

Old 09-05-2016, 12:12 AM View Post #1 (Link) Collaboration to create a 'superhero' universe
levi.hersh (Offline)
Literary Newbie
Times Thanked: 0
Well, 'superhero' would probably be the wrong way to describe it, but I am sure all of us have wanted at one point to create a hero and give him/her awesome powers. I thought a fun side-project would be to actually make that happen, and maybe one day, see it become a comic book (I have big plans).

I already have some ideas about what this particular 'superhero' universe will look like. Powers are granted to those who have experienced a traumatic event and the power itself is a bit like a defense mechanism for this person, to ensure that they never have to suffer that way again. I want the powers to be psychological, instead of physical, for two reasons: because trauma ultimately is a mental issue, and because it makes this universe different.

I think with this series we can explore some really interesting and complex themes, concerning overcoming trauma and the traumatic effects of power itself. As I have developed this universe, I have found that while these people with powers (I thought of calling them: Sorrows) can escape the trauma of their past (physically), their power does little to conquer their inner demons (and perhaps, actually makes them stronger).

It would be awesome if we could form a group of about six writers. Each of us could create our own unique character and explore their interactions and how their stories become entangled. I look forward to hearing from you. Please share ideas. Ask questions.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:10 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Rose (Offline)
Crit Trash Collector
Times Thanked: 454
The newbie zone is a place to introduce yourself to other members, tell us more about yourself, say hello, etc. So if you're interested in doing that, do post there.

This post, however, belongs to the collaborative writing section.

Have a nice day (: and welcome to YWO
Das ist das ende