Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 02-08-2016, 04:01 AM View Post #1 (Link) Ideas that interest me...
A.J.moore (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
I'm interested in the multiworld theory, what if humans had complete control of how the universe works, how would mere imperfect mortals run things?, and also I thought what if there was an organization of people that live forever what would they have to sacrifice for that, these are some ideas that run through my head mostly at night, very vague, but interesting, does any body have any vague ideas they think about, or any advice, on how to mould these raw thoughts into stories.

Last edited by A.J.moore; 02-08-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:46 AM View Post #2 (Link)
DestinyVamp (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
Ah yeah, I had an idea in mind, the second dimension where the president's son is the incarnation of the sun guardian who's death could cause the second universe to end. The disaster was the demon who was powered by the evil deeds of humans. These ideas are pretty common, at least, they seem to me. I had even written the first 30,000 words but I had written it so many times first by hand realizing it was of no use then the laptop once not satisfied second time my laptop was broken and couldn't be repaired so I lost it and thirdly on the new laptop but I wanted something else for a debut since it was a very new concept (seemed to me) I needed a better opportunity to speak it out which I could fine if I were published and so I started a new book. In your case, I find the idea is great its Fantasy right? or it can be science fiction too but mine it was only fantasy and dystopia
I can be by myself because I'm never lonely; I'm simply alone, living in my heavily populated solitude, a harum-scarum of infinity and eternity, and Infinity and Eternity seem to take a liking to the likes of me.
― Bohumil Hrabal, Too Loud a Solitude
Old 02-08-2016, 05:04 PM View Post #3 (Link)
A.J.moore (Offline)
Novice Writer

Many times I find, that, since your interested in fantasy, when you write a fantasy book, the story always has to be balanced by some realism, especially in worldbuilding , the advice I follow is "follow the money", in less you are going all the way fantasy, governed by it's own rule like Neil Gaiman.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:05 PM View Post #4 (Link)
A.J.moore (Offline)
Novice Writer

Any ways, I can go both ways fantasy, or sci fi
Old 02-08-2016, 05:21 PM View Post #5 (Link)
A.J.moore (Offline)
Novice Writer

Your idea is pretty cool, you should throw a kind of horror theme in there.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:59 AM View Post #6 (Link)
DestinyVamp (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
Well i was thinking of that. And since there are ghosts this can happen
I can be by myself because I'm never lonely; I'm simply alone, living in my heavily populated solitude, a harum-scarum of infinity and eternity, and Infinity and Eternity seem to take a liking to the likes of me.
― Bohumil Hrabal, Too Loud a Solitude
Old 03-06-2016, 07:20 PM View Post #7 (Link) Advice! Yay!
S.J. Barnesington (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
Originally Posted by A.J.moore View Post
I'm interested in the multiworld theory, what if humans had complete control of how the universe works, how would mere imperfect mortals run things?, and also I thought what if there was an organization of people that live forever what would they have to sacrifice for that, these are some ideas that run through my head mostly at night, very vague, but interesting, does any body have any vague ideas they think about, or any advice, on how to mould these raw thoughts into stories.
I have some advice! I have little tiny ideas like that all the time. Usually they become more like actual stories once I start planning out characters and building the world it will take place. Then I am able to figure out all the little things that will happen in the story. It takes a really long time, but is totally worth it!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:21 PM View Post #8 (Link)
A.J.moore (Offline)
Novice Writer

Thanks guys, you've been helpful!
Old 04-09-2016, 02:50 AM View Post #9 (Link)
S.J. Barnesington (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
You're welcome!

Also, if you like writing prompts, maybe check out the group I started called Prompts and More.