Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 03:14 AM View Post #1 (Link) YWO Story
lilyandherviolin (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 8
I thought it might be fun to have a story going that anyone could post on, at any time - a collaboration open to all of YWO. Here's my beginning:

I was standing in the field, with its gnarled oak tree and the rope swinging hauntingly from it. I knew I must be in one of the nightmares. I knew the only way to get out was to run.

So I ran. I ran towards the tree, as fast as I could. I heard the rustling behind me, almost like footsteps, almost like an animal's paws. Stalking me. I had never let it catch up to me. I wouldn't let tonight be the first time.

Just before I reached the tree, I found myself on the train tracks by my house. I almost stumbled on the planks, but I got my stride back almost immediately. I still had the image of the tree branded into the backs of my eyes, the rope swaying towards me, as if in a breeze - or as if alive. As I raced along I could hear the distant sound of the train growing closer, the tracks starting to vibrate. The whistle sounded, shrill behind me. Right up ahead the tracks ended. I jumped.

I landed in my bed, sprawled across the tangled, messy sheets, breathing heavily. My heart was still racing. My pursuer, whatever it was, had gotten closer tonight. I promised myself, as I did every morning, that I wouldn't let it happen again.

I looked down at my throbbing feet and saw that they were full of large, coarse splinters of wood. I hobbled to the bathroom to pluck the railroad tracks from my feet.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:49 PM View Post #2 (Link) Whoa!
kidzrulz101 (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 3
This is so good! Here's my part:

I sit down and wince from the pain of the splinters, fifteen in all.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:45 AM View Post #3 (Link)
Thewritingteen (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
"I can't wait until that thing leaves me alone", I lament. "It only shows up once a day, but that's enough to creep me right out" I thought. A synthesised voice echoed into my head. "What's wrong? Am I scaring you?"

Old 11-22-2015, 01:07 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
This thread was started well over six months ago.

Closed Thread