Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 05-04-2015, 06:18 PM View Post #1 (Link) !Incoming Newbie!
Paradigm ♥ (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 2
Hey there everyone!

My name's Julia and I'm 15. I've always aspired to become a published author. I haven't written in a while (busy!) but I really want to get back into it.. I have entire worlds locked up in my head but sometimes I have trouble getting them onto paper, both conceptually and pragmatically. I'm working on it.

I read all sorts of genres, both fiction and non fiction- everything from poetry to psychology, fantasy to contemporary, historical to popular science to dystopian.. I guess I could be described as a voracious reader.

I'm looking forward reading your guys' work and learning from you all!
Hopefully I can help you, too.

Thank you for reading and have a great day ♥
Old 05-05-2015, 03:43 AM View Post #2 (Link)
GeonamicWarrior (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 16
Welcome to YWO, Paradigm ♥! Whoa, how did you put that heart figure in your username? I was only able to put it here because I copied and pasted it. I'd say you're definitely a voracious reader if you know what voracious means at such a young age! I've been busy with school, so I know where you're coming from with not being able to write for long.

My compilation of all the great guides, Guides' Gate, for those in need of help or review with critiques, grammar, spelling, and other advice.

"These hands of mine glow with an awesome power! Their burning grips tell me to write. Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGERS! Go, go! Go, go! Go, go!" -derived from G Gundam's Shining Finger attack quote.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:33 PM View Post #3 (Link)
RockerBunny (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 29
Welcome to YWO, Julia! We'll all be glad to help with your writing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us.

Request a critique via VM/PM and I'll get to it as soon as possible.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:23 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Paradigm ♥ (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Originally Posted by GeonamicWarrior View Post
Welcome to YWO, Paradigm ♥! Whoa, how did you put that heart figure in your username? I was only able to put it here because I copied and pasted it. I'd say you're definitely a voracious reader if you know what voracious means at such a young age! I've been busy with school, so I know where you're coming from with not being able to write for long.
Nice to meet you! You should be able to create a heart symbol using the keyboard shortcut alt+3.
It definitely is difficult to find the time to write. Sometimes the day can leave you so drained that even if you have spare moments it's hard to let the creative thoughts flow, much less get them down in writing.. But I guess that having a personal routine could help with that- maybe sometimes it's better to just jump into it.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:52 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Paradigm ♥ (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Originally Posted by RockerBunny View Post
Welcome to YWO, Julia! We'll all be glad to help with your writing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us.
Hey RockerBunny! Thanks, I appreciate that.