Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 PM View Post #1 (Link) Ghostly girl
graystripe79 (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 4
This is the first picture that I've posted, so I hope you guys like it.

http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/..._5598754_n.jpg
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Leon Hacker (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 5
Ok. I'm not a photography major, so please don't be insulted by anything because I'm rather ingnorent in this area.

It's an intresting picture. It's nither dramatic, nor peaceful, it's not really much of anything. Don't get me wrong it looks cool. The design on her face is awesome and really helps to bring some charater into the picture. The picture just seems like it's almost missing something. I don't know what but something seems off about it.

I took rather more liberty than I probuably should have and scrolled through the other 6 pictures that you had up. The other picture, sly girl, that is a good one. It has that dramatic angle, it has that charater to it (like you could write a short story on the girl) it lets the mind think and wonder about the girl. I don't know what it is but Ghostly girl. just doesn't have that.

You have a good eye for photography and I think that you can do better than what this one picture desplays. Please keep posting photos up, I want to see what else you can do behind a camara. =)
Old 06-07-2011, 11:08 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Shaddix (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 12
Like the previous person said, Im no photography major, so dont take offense from this. But I am an artist, which I think is similar to photography, and honestly I dont see this as much of a piece of art. I mean yes, the face art is cool, but anyone can make the effect you made with any basic photo editor. Honestly, this looks like a profile picture youd put on Facebook. Its not very original, anyone can take a cool picture of themselves. Try photographing something more interesting, from several points of view, until you find an interesting picture.
-Lecksi
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Lizzie (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 41
I'm going to be completely honest.

This isn't photography. In the slightest. Like others have said, it's a poor edit on a poor photograph. In my opinion, unless you're extremely talented and can really pull it off, negative effect it terrible and ugly when it comes to photography. It is an image, yes, but it is not photography.

When I first saw the image, I assumed it was to show off the design, which is cool, yes. But it really didn't capture anything other that "lol luk @ wut i did guyz. isnt it kwl?"

Maybe experiment with different angles of the face to capture the design.

Hope this helped. And sorry, I'm in a slightly pissy mood, so don't take it personally.

Critiques upon request.

Twins with Lykaios.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:51 AM View Post #5 (Link)
Prodigii (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
I agree with Lizzie. I can actually do this on my phone. Without the effect, it would have been a million times better. I would suggest that unless you're just editing the lighting, facial features, or small things, don't edit at all. Take photography or, like me, find someone who does photography, I used my brother, and ask them to help you. I learned so much and am so much better.

You show potential, but it needs a lot of work.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:33 AM View Post #6 (Link)
Oindrila2014 (Offline)
Novice Writer

I don't know manythings about photography... but it would b more horror by adding bloods,horrorable eyes...

I am now going to tell the real true.... I don't like this pic... u have to develop ur photography
Old 12-16-2014, 04:44 AM View Post #7 (Link)
latywritermusician (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Like others have said, it does look cool, but its not really very ghostly, or anything of the sort. It might be scarier if there was blood, or if she looked more transparent rather than blue. This could be better, but it's not completely bad either. There are some good aspects, such as the design of her face. But if that's what you wanted our eyes to be drawn to then you should name it sometthing else that has to do with the deisgn.