YWO Social Groups

Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository (US) (UK) (Canada)

Old 09-05-2013, 12:17 AM View Post #1 (Link) Photography
SoulSurf13 (Offline)
Abstract Thinker
Times Thanked: 8

Just a few newer photographs I've taken. Please critique!
I'm imagining your brain naked. I'm not impressed.
						Last edited by SoulSurf13; 09-05-2013 at 12:24 AM.
					 Reason: I entered the photos in wrong
Old 09-05-2013, 12:22 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Graciela Lobo (Offline)
Novice Writer
Times Thanked: 1
I can't view your photos... try posting them on an image sharing site and copying the links.
Tendriling should be a word!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:03 PM View Post #3 (Link)
App (Offline)
Literary Newbie
Times Thanked: 3
The first photo was my favorite. The bees aren't exactly in their "natural" habitat, but the idea we are peeking in on their personal world is still there. A sepia-colored or other yellowish lens would have been very nice.

The second photo was OK. You picked a decent angle, but the lack of crispness in the picture really took away from the effect. If that was your highest resolution, a "vivid" or "super vivid" setting usually doesn't something to help.

I'll be honest, I didn't like the third one. I don't think blurring the background on this one was a good idea. Although I understand the effect you were going for, the a well-defined background would have helped this one.

I have mixed feelings about the tree. On one hand, there's something horribly irritating about that angle. It does not give you the feeling of lying under a tree; rather, it feels like a tree fell down into the sky (copyrighting that phrase). On the other hand, it has an attractive earthy feel to it that keeps me from hating it all together.

I think these pictures are decent overall; however, I attribute that to the resolution of the photos. I feel like the photos could have been much more impacting with a higher MP count.