Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 12-30-2011, 11:24 PM View Post #1 (Link) Field Walker
graystripe79 (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 4
http://http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee413/graystripe79/?action=view&current=383749_10151095034660114_571490113_21997906_480719420_n.jpg

this is a pic that I took of my friend. What do you guys think??
Old 12-31-2011, 09:06 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Halle (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 2
Spoiler:

I like the overall feel of the piece, it seems to have a vintage quality to it which is always a good places to be if you can pull it off right, although the main element in a good vintage style piece is light and color. The piece doesn't contain huge amounts of that, which will make using Photoshop or any online editor more strenuous, which is something to think about next time you decide to take an image.

Now, I think that to enhance the image you could up the contrast to a suitable level and sepia or black and white the shot, give it an old feel. Or you can just simply up the contrast and lower the saturation, Photoshop would be best for this, but if you don't have it, photobucket's built in editor supplies sepia, black and white, contrast and saturation tools that can be used as well as other tools to enhance any images.

The figure, in my opinion, could be more off-center which would make the person cross into two crosses in the rule of thirds, if you do not know the rule of thirds, I highly suggest you learn it because it's the first step to a truly excellent shot. Most good pictures use the rule of thirds and diagonal lines to highlight the focus of the image.

I like the overall feel of the shot, but a brighter day would have constituted to the light in the image, and the atmosphere of the image. It's not a unique shot, by a long way, but the style is always nice to see.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:57 AM View Post #3 (Link)
JessicaJoy (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 30
Originally Posted by graystripe79 View Post
http://http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee413/graystripe79/?action=view&current=383749_10151095034660114_571490113_21997906_480719420_n.jpg

this is a pic that I took of my friend. What do you guys think??
What i really like about this picture is that it's simple and complex at the same time.
It's simplicity lies in the fact that it just a girl walking through a feild lined with trees, yet you can see every branch on each tree and all of the starnds of whatever the plants are she's walking through.

You get a sense that she is in her own world, completley intune with nature. I love it.

You could play around with some photo editing programs and see if you can imporve the contrast. Other than that this image is gorgeous and i would definitly frame it and put it on my wall if i had taken it.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:09 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Shoujo.Doitsu (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
I like the different colors however I do not think that the blurring on the left side of the screen does much for the overall picture. Also, i would add a filter or effect to it to make it all not as vibrant and make one part stand out more than another. Overall, nice picture though.