Forum
Community Forum
Today's Posts
FAQ & Rules
Members List

Writing
Writing Forum
Recent Posts
Critique Guidelines

Groups
YWO Social Groups
Facebook
Myspace

Chat
 
YWA

Register

Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 03:47 AM View Post #1 (Link) Hello!
roololoo (Offline)
Literary Newbie
 
roololoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 4
Points: 5
Times Thanked: 0
Hello everyone! My name is Gabriel, I'm a 17 year old aspiring writer and artist.
I just stumbled upon this forum a few minutes ago and think it could be a great opportunity to meet new people with similar passions like me (as in writing ).
I haven't really written in English before (stories), since I am Mexican and know Spanish a lot better, but I look forward to translate my stories in a near future.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:50 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Thanatos (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice
 
Thanatos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Points: 30
Times Thanked: 17
Originally Posted by roololoo View Post
I just stumbled upon this forum a few minutes ago and think it could be a great opportunity to meet new people with similar passions like me (as in writing ).
You, my friend, have come to the right place.

Welcome. This is a great place to recieve feedback on your work. You'll become a better writer overall, and you'll make many friends. Everyone is very nice, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

So tell us about yourself. What do you like to write?
__________________
" A stranger to love and affection,
On the run,
In search of shelter in the solitude of sin,
A drifter in the dark, a soldier,
Of the pain,
A constant slave under the belt of misery
"
-- Prodigal Son, Kamelot
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:14 PM View Post #3 (Link)
roololoo (Offline)
Literary Newbie
 
roololoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 4
Points: 5
Times Thanked: 0
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
You, my friend, have come to the right place.

Welcome. This is a great place to recieve feedback on your work. You'll become a better writer overall, and you'll make many friends. Everyone is very nice, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

So tell us about yourself. What do you like to write?
Thanks for the welcome! I'm sure I will find great writers here and can learn lots of stuff
I've always loved the horror and mystery genre, so most of my stories have something dark in them. I sometimes include comedy or romance to make the story bigger, but they still (most of the time) have an R rating given by me.
I have uploaded some of them to Wattpad, in Spanish, but there isn't that big public of readers online, so my only hopes on getting a Spanish novel well known are publishing or massive advertising.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:08 PM View Post #4 (Link)
GoodGracious (Offline)
Literary Artist
 
GoodGracious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: England
Posts: 325
Points: 20
Times Thanked: 35
Nice to meet you. I've always been fascinated by people who are even thinking about writing in another language. I can't speak anything but English.

Welcome to YWO. If you have any questions, let me know!
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:12 PM View Post #5 (Link)
roololoo (Offline)
Literary Newbie
 
roololoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 4
Points: 5
Times Thanked: 0
Originally Posted by GoodGracious View Post
Nice to meet you. I've always been fascinated by people who are even thinking about writing in another language. I can't speak anything but English.

Welcome to YWO. If you have any questions, let me know!
Hi! Thanks for the welcome, and I hope we'll get to know more about each other
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

 


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All writing Copyright © its author(s). All other material Copyright © 2007-2012 Young Writers Online unless otherwise specified.
Managed by Andrew Kukwa (Andy) and Shaun Duke (Shaun) from The World in the Satin Bag. Design by HTWoRKS.