Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM View Post #1 (Link) Hi all!
Erikson (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 2
Hi! I'm Erik, I was looking for one of those forums like this one.( wasn't too hard) and I found it! I need your help! right now I'm working on a story, a fantasy. I did create some other stories in the past, but I didn't last long enough with them. You know how is it, right? eventually you don't get enough insperation and you always have to work on the spelling, and making sure it sounds good. My first chapter is complite, and I'm working on the second one.

please help me correct the mistakes if you see them, and if you see some thing that can be improved.

Thanks!

Erik
Old 02-22-2013, 12:16 PM View Post #2 (Link)
GoodGracious (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 35
Nice to meet you and welcome to YWO! I'm Molly.

Do you write short stories or novels? Either way, some good advice for your writing might be to not worry about spelling etc and just write it. Once you're done, you can go through and sort out things like that. Good luck!

(I don't want to be a prune, but you said to correct any mistakes... insperation inspiration, complite complete.)

Have a good day!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Erikson (Offline)
Novice Writer

You see? I already made some spelling mistakes. It's ok guys! feel free to correct any of my mistakes. if you want to read,( and help me with) the first chapter, just sent me your email. I'll contact you later.

And yes it's a novel.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:07 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Stardust (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
Hi and Welcome to this forum Erikson (Nice name by the way!)! I'm also a newb here too. So what genre do you like to read in books?

-Star
Old 02-23-2013, 07:47 AM View Post #5 (Link)
Erikson (Offline)
Novice Writer

Hi Star! nice to meet you!I mostly like to read a books about science fiction. But right now I'm working on a Fantasy novel. Can't wait to share with all of you my chapters!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:12 AM View Post #6 (Link)
GoodGracious (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 35
Originally Posted by Erikson View Post
You see? I already made some spelling mistakes. It's ok guys! feel free to correct any of my mistakes. if you want to read,( and help me with) the first chapter, just sent me your email. I'll contact you later.

And yes it's a novel.
Probably, the best way to share your novel would be posting it on the site. (Under members only, if you want to protect it.) There's a point system, so you get points for critiquing other people's work and spend points when you post your own.

If you're unsure about critiquing, the best thing to do would be to check out the guides and find some decent examples. We had a critique competition a while ago, so you'll find some decent ones there. Really, it just comes down to getting a balance between complimenting someone's work and giving critical feedback - what you don't like and how they could improve.

You, of course, can email people stuff, but it's often simpler to do it through the site and you might find you get more crits that way.

Hope this has helped! If you have any questions, let me know.

Last edited by GoodGracious; 02-23-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:57 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Stardust (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
Originally Posted by Erikson View Post
Hi Star! nice to meet you!I mostly like to read a books about science fiction. But right now I'm working on a Fantasy novel. Can't wait to share with all of you my chapters!
Interesting! I'm not a the biggest fan of science fiction (I read a little bit of it) but maybe by reading your stories it'll help change all that. I hope to see your around the forum!

-Star