Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository (US) (UK) (Canada)

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2012, 06:02 AM View Post #1 (Link) The Road Ahead
MadiMakeBelieves (Offline)
Literary Newbie
Times Thanked: 0
Old 06-11-2012, 03:17 PM View Post #2 (Link)
fake magic (Offline)
Novice Writer
Times Thanked: 2
Usually a person in the pictures makes it more alive. However in your case I wouldn't agree with that. Why? Because this person standing in the corner doesn't match with the picture at all. She (I think it's a she) is standing not even ON the road! It looks like this person just wasn't suppose to be in the picture (of course I don't know what was or wasn't suppose to be but that's the feeling I get). You should either cut her or make another picture with a person actually walking on this road. Then it would be a perfect shot.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 PM View Post #3 (Link)
mazza (Offline)
Novice Writer
Times Thanked: 1
This photo is very beautiful and very clear and i really like the picturesque scene i also like the fact the girl is standing looking at the path as if she has not yet decided to go down it yet however the girl herself does look a little out of place.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:45 PM View Post #4 (Link)
trackmasta14 (Offline)
Literary Newbie
I really enjoy the concept of this picture, but i believe it would convey more emotion and reveal a higher understanding of "The Road Ahead" if you had a picture of just the road. Perhaps cutting out the girl would help you or even having her stand ON the road/ walking down it. But nice contrast. I really like this photo aside from the above.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:19 AM View Post #5 (Link)
Faith (Offline)
Literary Newbie
I think the scenery in this picture is very pretty, but the person in the corner does not look good. She should be farther down the road. You could have her walking or stopped and looking at something, it doesn't really matter, just as long as she's not stuck in that corner.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:53 PM View Post #6 (Link) My Opinion of 'The Road Ahead'
mooopsy (Offline)
Novice Writer
All in all, the scenery of this photograph is outstanding. It truly catches the 'feel' of the whole piece. The road seems so mysterious and gives you an overall feeling of indecision. I really like the photo in general, BUT, I have a few minor suggestions that would probably help to make this picture even MORE gorgeous!

1. The girl standing on the right, well, it's a nice idea but we need to 'alter' her. She is kind of just standing there staring off into the woods, don't you think? To grasp more drama, I would have the model be looking off into the distance TOWARDS the road so that the road is the main focus. I would also place her further down so it looks as if she is curious to what is happening.

2. The angle is pretty good, but try to be more unique with it. Maybe try hiding behind one of the trees and taking a photo, or from the ground up? Perhaps a nice idea would be to have a few twigs/branches in the way along the frame of the photo to enhance the whole nature scheme.

Overall, I really like this picture. The road itself is stunning! Basically the only problem I have with it is the girl, but I bet you can change that easily. Also, it would be fantastic if you tried a texture for the sky, or blur out everything except the road and the girl, so that, once again, the title is relevant to the photograph.
Good job with this photo, I actually think you have some serious potential!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:53 PM View Post #7 (Link)
SweetSense99 (Offline)
Literary Newbie
I don't think the colours of the person and the road blend together very well. But I love the leaves on the road, the photo looks really good. I'm not a photography person but I think that you should definetly keep trying, because you could take some amazing photos if you do.
hope that helped
Old 11-16-2012, 10:38 PM View Post #8 (Link)
han123 (Offline)
Literary Artist
Times Thanked: 42
i liked the picture, everything except the person standing on the side of the road.

the road itself seems really interesting, like it could be more than just a road. but the person on the side seems to throw the whole thing off.

1: i found that the persons clothing was too bright compared to the road. maybe you take the colour down a notch or something like that.

2: the person is hardly standing on the road, they are just at the side. maybe put them onto the road a bit more, i wouldnt put them exactly in the centre but i would move thyem over a bit.

3: when they are standing like that, back turned, only showing there bright clothes, it kind off puts me off. i think that if you have the persons face showing, (even if its jus a little bit), it could look more interesting.

hope this helped, if i missed anything then let me know and il go over it again
Old 11-24-2012, 04:35 AM View Post #9 (Link) Critique
kparsons5000 (Offline)
Literary Newbie
I really like the picture, but like others who have commented, I'm not too fond of the person in the corner. It kind of threw me off. Maybe if you positioned the person in a less awkward place and then put them in some different colored clothes it would work a bit better.
Closed Thread