Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 PM View Post #11 (Link)
Fi (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 14
Do it. Just do it :p

Click this link, or bad things will happen

Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM View Post #12 (Link)
Fi (Offline)
Idea Scribe

1 day to go. GET THOSE SUBMISSIONS IN NOW PEOPLEZ (please? I will give cookies, and there are two genuine books up for grabs).

Old 06-16-2012, 05:28 PM View Post #13 (Link)
Fi (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Dear all,

We have been made very aware that lots of people have exams at the moment, and as a result we are a little short on submissions. As a result, we are going to extend the deadline for 2 weeks, ending on the 30th June. This will mean our new publication date will be July 14th.

We’d also like to take this opportunity to announce that, in addition to the two books on offer for submitting alone, there will be two competitions run in this issues, quite simply for best poetry and best prose.

For best poetry, the winner will receive a book of selected poems from a poet of the editors’ choosing, while for best prose, the prize will include a book of short stories and 5 “crit tickets” for either via YWO or email from our editors.

We hope everyone will really pull together and recommend us to their writing friends so we can have the fullest and best issue possible.

All the best,

Fi and Imelda

Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 AM View Post #14 (Link)
lostbookworm (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 96
Originally Posted by Fi View Post
Dear all,

We have been made very aware that lots of people have exams at the moment, and as a result we are a little short on submissions. As a result, we are going to extend the deadline for 2 weeks, ending on the 30th June. This will mean our new publication date will be July 14th.

We’d also like to take this opportunity to announce that, in addition to the two books on offer for submitting alone, there will be two competitions run in this issues, quite simply for best poetry and best prose.

For best poetry, the winner will receive a book of selected poems from a poet of the editors’ choosing, while for best prose, the prize will include a book of short stories and 5 “crit tickets” for either via YWO or email from our editors.

We hope everyone will really pull together and recommend us to their writing friends so we can have the fullest and best issue possible.

All the best,

Fi and Imelda
To all who submitted what they didn't consider their best work before said deadline and now feels they have no hope of winning said competitions, I would like you to know that you are not alone. There are at least two other people who feel the same way.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:40 PM View Post #15 (Link)
lalodragon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 193
Originally Posted by lostbookworm View Post
To all who submitted what they didn't consider their best work before said deadline and now feels they have no hope of winning said competitions, I would like you to know that you are not alone. There are at least two other people who feel the same way.
Myself being second.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 PM View Post #16 (Link)
Arty (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 35
I'm going to go write a better second poem in the next week and re-submit it as a replacement ... Hope that's okay with you. I felt like I had to rush something off to meet the deadline, so my second entry is really sub-standard. Also to keep up with the added competition of 2 week's worth of submissions, I'm going to need a little extra time.

SEE HOW COURTEOUS I AM LETTING YOU KNOW MY INTENTIONS LIKE THIS <3
Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 AM View Post #17 (Link)
lostbookworm (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 96
And I feel I am going to do the same as Arty, because I wish for my chances of winning to be doubled.

SEE HOW ARTY HAS STARTED A CHAIN REACTION!