Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:09 AM View Post #1 (Link) Mixed Media Photos
Kari (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
Just putting them out there. Compared to some of the photos I've seen on here I don't think they're that great, but hey, what are you gonna do?

Old 05-30-2010, 07:30 PM View Post #2 (Link)
v.w.123 (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 13
I like the bird pictures particularly the first one. The first two are poorly lighted and the color is dull. I think you have potentail. The more you work at it I think the better you'll get.

OUT OF TOWN 6/29 - 7/1

Old 05-31-2010, 04:00 PM View Post #3 (Link) nice photos
Abominable Toaster (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 12
I like the first one, but it is a bit too dark. If you have an editing program, you may want to copy this and play with the brightness and contrast to get a lighter (but still the same) picture.
I really like the second one, can't put my finger on why, though. I love the angle and how the viewer can see each handhold, as well as the incorporation of the sky. Great photo.
I like the third one because of the colors, they are vibrant and really capture one's attention. I wish you had caught the bird at a different moment, something a bit more regal or graceful, but I suppose that really isn't relevant.
I don't really like the last one, there is a lack of creativity and artistic flare. It is simply a picture of two birds on the ground, though cute, not a very professional photograph.
You have real potential, like v.w.123 said. I suggest playing with angles and the focus of your camera to get more visually dynamic shots, so keep taking pictures! Overall, nice photos!

“Art is never finished, only abandoned.”

- Leonardo da Vinci

Old 05-31-2010, 04:01 PM View Post #4 (Link)
angel of paradise (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 2
The first one is very ordinary. There is nothing special in this photo except the size is a little big.

The second one is lovely! I just loved it! I didn't get what the things are actually but whatever it is, the picture is really very nice. Perfect angle and unique photo.

The third one is also nice. It is looking good because of its soothing green background.

The fourth one is not bad but not good also. The angle is perfect but the background of this picture is looking a bit dull.

I hope I've helped you

Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 AM View Post #5 (Link) srox,
srox (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Just putting them out there. Compared to some of the photos I've seen on here I don't think they're that great, but hey, what are you gonna do?

Your photos are really nice ones......
just keep in mind that if the second photo would have been taken from front then it would have been nicer

Old 12-11-2011, 09:13 AM View Post #6 (Link)
FayGee (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 30
This thread was created over one and a half years ago. The most recent post is from over one and a half years ago. Use your common sense. Like seriously.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Some poems rhyme
This one doesn't

So ha.

I collect thank points.

Closed Thread